Finally after 352 days, he has arrived

Toraylac

Visit site
Despite me spending three weeks watching the CCTV and catching sleep whenever I could to ensure I wouldn't miss Romina go in to labour, you guessed it, I missed it! At 2.22 am (give or take a couple of minutes) she gave birth to a strapping jet black colt. Mum is being super despite him being her first foal.

picture.php

picture.php

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/picture.php?albumid=5640&pictureid=22015

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/picture.php?albumid=5640&pictureid=22015

Last edited:

Asha

Visit site
Wow, he looks absolutely stunning, massive congratulations to you and mum:)

Whats babies breeding?

Any names ?

Look forward to more pictures xx

Toraylac

Visit site
Yeay! At LAST! Congratulations :D

Go on then, tell us... if you know it is a couple of minutes either side of 2.22... just HOW did you miss it? :p

I nodded off for a few minutes- well actually 30 mins and when I woke he was half out. When I next looked at the clock it was 2.22 am. I was so cross with myself :eek:

The foal is by the Gestuet Sprehe's stallion, Destano who is by Desperados and dam is by Royal Blend who is based at the state stud at Celle.

Toraylac

Visit site
He is beautiful, so pleased for you that all is well with him and his mum, any ideas on a name yet?

Going to call him Jake. I promised my vet Jacqui Paton, from Scarsdale vets that I would name the foal after her after she worked so hard to get Romina in foal. So Jake it is! His posh name will be Daiquiri :cool:

Toraylac

Visit site
Thank you all for the lovely comments. Mother and foal doing really well and have had a friend take lots of photos of him frolicking around :D Will post them when I can. BTW I had the best nights sleep for ages and only checked on the pair once during the night.

Toraylac

Visit site
We have now been turned out for the first time and managed 1 hour before we wanted a nice clean, warm stable. The foal is now named Jack ( slightly difficult as my son is called Jack :D ) and after is vet check today declared fit and well. Here are a couple of photos.:)

picture.php

picture.php

Toraylac

Visit site
Oh bless him! He's adorable! Just needs to unfurl a little bit, but he's truly beautiful and you should be very pleased with him. Mum looks well too :)

Thank you Spring Feather. As the vet said, there wasn't a lot of room for him in mum being a maiden, but he is definitely improving by the minute.

Spring Feather

Visit site
These big WB foals take up loads of room and it's a tight fit for them in there so most will come out a bit wrinkled up. He'll straighten out in a few days, it's quite usual so don't worry :)

caberston

Visit site
lovely! my WB foal last year had the same problem about being crammed in! came out far worse than yours though, mine was a complete goat :eek:

28aowzr.jpg

but luckily he came pretty much right after a short while :)

PolarSkye

Visit site
We have now been turned out for the first time and managed 1 hour before we wanted a nice clean, warm stable. The foal is now named Jack ( slightly difficult as my son is called Jack :D ) and after is vet check today declared fit and well. Here are a couple of photos.:)

picture.php

picture.php

First, he is gorgeous. Second, look at the size of those knees and shoulders . . . he's going to be a biiiiiiig boy :). Can't wait to see "growing" pictures. He's lovely and many congratulations.

P