FINALLY! Found a photo of my lickle ex-racehorse... racing!!

Girlracer

Visit site
Well, it's only taken me 5 months and 100s of emails but finally i have found what seems to be the only photo of him racing!!

This was taken at Curragh in 2007, he came 3rd of 9! (his best result lol)

MAJORITY11.jpg

And for comparison at rising 6, i've been re-schooling him since September (he was turned away to grow up at a friends place, as well as doing bits of groundwork!)

DSCF0441.jpg

Last edited:

Girlracer

Visit site
He's by Pivotal (55k to have a Pivotal baby!) and his dam in Renashaan, he is well bred and according to his owner when he was racing 'should have been his money maker'. His half sister has won numerous group 1 races (Alexander Goldrun). And you are correct he was at Coolmore before heading to Tattersalls and going to Brian Meehan.

Now hopeful he'll have a slightly more successful career as a little eventer for me :D

Girlracer

Visit site
How brilliant, I wish I could find a photo of our mare racing! :)

Only ever seen one video, she couldn't of looked less interested bless her! :p

Lovely looking boy! :)

There are a load of videos of Major racing on racingpost, he comes out the gates awesome nearly everytime, leads (or is atleast at the front) up until about the last furlong before wither running out of puff or loosing interest (i haven't made my mind up which yet lol) and drifting to the back!

Have you tried looking on the racingpost for your mare?

Girlracer

Visit site
It was a long old process, i originally emailed all the tracks he raced at and got the official photographers on the dates he raced, with no luck! Then i went on the galleries on racingpost and saw photos from the same day taken by someone else, searched and emailed her then wa-la.... got a print of it on it's way!

amage

Visit site
Anyone with ex racers that ran in ireland check out Healyracing.ie they phorograph every single meeting and most of the bigger ones abroad too. Search your horse's name on irishracing.com and you will get the names of any racecourses they ran in Ireland and can then search healys using the date/location!

Girlracer

Visit site
Anyone with ex racers that ran in ireland check out Healyracing.ie they phorograph every single meeting and most of the bigger ones abroad too. Search your horse's name on irishracing.com and you will get the names of any racecourses they ran in Ireland and can then search healys using the date/location!

Well they don't have any of mine ;)

amage

Visit site
He is gorgeous....jockey on him in that pic is Seamie Heffernan. Pity they he didn't stay riding him as Major seemed to go best for him! He's a lovely guy...you could prob find him on facebook!

Girlracer

Visit site
He is gorgeous....jockey on him in that pic is Seamie Heffernan. Pity they he didn't stay riding him as Major seemed to go best for him! He's a lovely guy...you could prob find him on facebook!

I thought that, he seemed to have his best results with the same jockey. He was a very weedy little thing when he was racing, possibly would have been better if they'd let him grow up a bit then race him again he might have stood a better chance.

I'll have a little search on Facebook!

caitlineloise

Visit site
There are a load of videos of Major racing on racingpost, he comes out the gates awesome nearly everytime, leads (or is atleast at the front) up until about the last furlong before wither running out of puff or loosing interest (i haven't made my mind up which yet lol) and drifting to the back!

Have you tried looking on the racingpost for your mare?

Sorry only just came back on :) I found her race on the racing post, she was a hurdler. :)

I honestly don't think there's any photo's of her, she was obviously useless then, but I think she'd beat anybody now! ;)

Her racing name was Runon the hill (spelt like that with no space, her sire was runyon, her dam pelargonium) :)

king_of_diamonds

www.wordpress.com
Oh nice! Would you mind me asking who the photographer is? May come in a handy for us at some point since the person has done the curragh.

Just to add something, it's not perfect as they want young buy the pics but did you try healyracing? I think it's healyracing.ie

They have photographers at many races throughout Ireland and the bigger UK ones. You can preview the pics but they have a watermark through them. You just search by when and where. Maybe it'd be one worth checking out if you haven't already?

Girlracer

Visit site
Oh nice! Would you mind me asking who the photographer is? May come in a handy for us at some point since the person has done the curragh.

Just to add something, it's not perfect as they want young buy the pics but did you try healyracing? I think it's healyracing.ie

They have photographers at many races throughout Ireland and the bigger UK ones. You can preview the pics but they have a watermark through them. You just search by when and where. Maybe it'd be one worth checking out if you haven't already?

She's called Caroline Norris, she doesn't have a website but a lot of the photos from The Curragh on racingpost are by her. I did try them but the galleries didn't go back to 2007, i emailed them and have never had a reply.