Finally good news!!

charlotte0916

Visit site
Hi all, just wanted to share some good news after a very long 7 months and many down-in-the-dumps posts on here. After almost exactly 7 months with my mare, grade 4 ulcers, reactions to ulcer meds, cellulitis, an huge abscess, 2 rounds of stitches for 3 kicks, 5 bone chips and more miles handwalking that I can count - she finally got signed off by the vet today!!!

My event prospect once again has prospects!

We might still be having to look for a new yard due to gentle eviction (as she is a t*t), need another saddle fitting and currently look like a hairy yak but she is officially cleared for take off on all activities and caused our vet to say ‘wow’ positively for the first time in ownership! ?

charlotte0916

Visit site
Thank you - it feels fantastic to have the prospect of getting beyond walk, for both her sanity and mine! Horses feel potentially exciting again!

charlotte0916

Visit site
Thank you all! It almost feels like having a new horse all over again - we only managed about 2 weeks of schooling and one jump before it all kicked off so all brand new and exciting! Even if I don’t manage to keep her long term with her other quirks, it feels fantastic to have got her happy and healthy through it all ?