Finally Here

ibot

Visit site
So i have finally arrived in Chester or Kingsley to be exact :D
Id like to thank those that have helped me move up here with info and just letting me moan :eek:
Now i need to find a radio station i know this is silly but its not that easy lol!!

I have gone with straw and feeding hay so if anyone knows a cheap place to get these things let me know.
My only complaint is this snow what is going on :eek::eek:
Paddy arrived on friday he got on the trailer in Worcester where it was sunny and warm and got off in Narnia :D:D:D

Hope you are all surviving the snow let me know when you all want to meet up,
XXX

quirky

Visit site
Glad your move has gone well :)
All I can say to Paddy is .... wait for the rain!!

I moved from Nottingham (with horse) to the NW 15 years ago and I still can't believe the difference in ground conditions :eek:.

We always joke that as soon you get to Thellwall Viaduct (going North) that it starts raining. Seeing as you are just before that, you may be lucky ;)

ibot

Visit site
Glad your move has gone well :)
All I can say to Paddy is .... wait for the rain!!

I moved from Nottingham (with horse) to the NW 15 years ago and I still can't believe the difference in ground conditions :eek:.

We always joke that as soon you get to Thellwall Viaduct (going North) that it starts raining. Seeing as you are just before that, you may be lucky ;)

Oh No :eek::eek: no where is safe from this crazy weather :eek:

webble

Visit site
Hello and welcome the weather isnt always this bad I promise. Where did you end up? I think Gibsons do straw aswell as hay and shavings and feed

Re radio how old are you and what do you like? I listen to Radio 4 or cds so I might not be the best to ask

ibot

Visit site
hey

I have paddy at Neil Foxs? the people i have met at the yard so far are lovely and paddy has settled into life there nicely, although not very happy about the weather.

What is the story with the bins!!! you guy must spend your life trying to remember what goes in what bin :D:D
whats a CD i still listen to tapes lol when i do housework and jobs i like to hum along to the radio, Simon Cowell i am sure would say i sound like a bird screeching :D:D
I did get my first bit of hay and straw from Gibsons but its so expensive :eek::eek: anyone know of a friendly farmer??

quirky

Visit site
What is the story with the bins!!! you guy must spend your life trying to remember what goes in what bin :D:D

Not only that, trying to remember which week is which bin collection ;).
I have 2 neighbours and we have to wait for the organised one to put his bin out so we know which one is due :eek::cool:

karen_c

Visit site
Welcome :)

Not sure about hay/straw etc I'm afraid as my monster is on full livery but if you have time for a pootle round in the car lots of farms seem to advertise hay/straw by the roadside. You could try Sevenoaks saddlery/farm supplies in Antrobus as well (01606 892700)

If you're in Kingsley you're only about 10mins away from me! Hope you're settling in ok :)

Asha

Visit site
Welcome to Cheshire:)

Sounds like your not to far from delamere forest. Lots of off road hacking, luck you!

I lived in Devon for a few years, and the temperature drop is a shock, but im sure you'll both climatise......... eventually:eek:

Have a look at the website 'cheshire horse', you may find supplies on there.

Enjoy !

ibot

Visit site
In our house in Worcester we had oil which we had run out christmas time, so we now have central heating which is AMAZING!!!
i can now feel my feet before i leave the house
I actually saw the sun today was starting to wonder if it was just an internet legend :D
Anyone wants to meet me i have 2 friends that are local otherwise i am billy no mates feel free to PM me :D
although i do have some facinating talks with my horse and puppy :D:D

horsesatemymoney

Visit site
Welcome :) Real Radio (105.4) is a good one, or Key 103 Manchester. Radio City (96.7?) can tell I do lots of driving! Although there is rubbish weather, you are now near Robinsons and Derby House :D

ibot

Visit site
Welcome :) Real Radio (105.4) is a good one, or Key 103 Manchester. Radio City (96.7?) can tell I do lots of driving! Although there is rubbish weather, you are now near Robinsons and Derby House :D

What really?? wow if you fancy a road trip let me know.
so wed i thought i would go to Roncorn Sainsburys i ended up at co op in WARRINGTON :eek::eek:
thought id try again yesterday and after yard id go to Nantwich again to try and find sainsburys but ended up in CREWE at morrisons have no idea what is going on im a bit scared now to try and find sainsburys :confused::confused:

webble

Visit site
so wed i thought i would go to Roncorn Sainsburys i ended up at co op in WARRINGTON :eek::eek:
thought id try again yesterday and after yard id go to Nantwich again to try and find sainsburys but ended up in CREWE at morrisons have no idea what is going on im a bit scared now to try and find sainsburys :confused::confused:

There is a Sainsburys at Cheshire Oaks and a Tesco in Helsby which is pretty close to you :)

Asha

Visit site

If you came in to natwich on the A51, you will have driven past the sainsburys to get Morrisons:D
Basically go past reaseheath college ( on your left) and take 2nd left at little roundabout. Then you'll come to another roundabout. Take 4th exit, which takes you into Nantwich and you will see it.

Elsiecat

Visit site
Someone said robinsons? I'm in!

I think you'll find the area lovely OP. Don't forget to visit blue planet! :)

karen_c

Visit site
No need to go all the way to Nantwich to find Sainsburys - there's one in Northwich which is probably closer if you're in Norley :)

Robinsons road trip sounds like a great idea. Especially since it's just after payday :D

Asha

Visit site
No need to go all the way to Nantwich to find Sainsburys - there's one in Northwich which is probably closer if you're in Norley :)

Robinsons road trip sounds like a great idea. Especially since it's just after payday :D

Great idea, im in for a trip to Robinsons, be good to put faces to some names:)

ibot

Visit site
ok so lets do it a visit to Robinsons :D any day good for anyone? if i can meet someone and follow that would be cool or i could pick someone up? must warn you my car has more straw in than my stable :D:D

My kids are refusing to come to try and find a shop with me now so we might have to all starve :eek::eek: they are scared that we might end up in Scotland next time :D:D

dollface

Visit site
Runcorn doesn't have a sainsburys so you will struggle to find it lol. You do know there is a morrisons in frodsham and a tescos in helsby! I'm up for a road trip, once my front door is returned (see text I've just sent!)

ibot

Visit site
I moved last summer :) delamere way is lovely.they changed the bins recently so we all hate it, I don't use the food one lol! I'm nearer to Whitchurch and Malpas but it took me ages to find the closest corner type shop and chippy lol

how did you find it when you arrived?? Yep bins total pain can not believe they even go into the bins to check it all correct :confused::confused:

LovesCobs

mancunian in Cheshire, actually now in Wales!
Visit site
Yes they do! They didn't take one if mine once as my friend had put something 'incorrect' on top of the rest of thw plastic stuff, instead of leaving just that they left the whole bin! If in doubt I just bung it in the black bin lol
. I love it here and my youngest daughter is thriving. Though I've moved from city to country. Rain wise, well I'm originally from Manchester so nuff said! Oh and radio station, I set mine to manchesters Capital 102, it goes fuzzy in Chester centre but ok every where else for me. :)

Flame_

Visit site
106.1, Real XS, Manchester's Classic Rock station.
thumbsup.gif

Hope you're liking Cheshire. :)

ibot

Visit site
i do like it i think my yard is gay capital of the world but intresting enough :D
i have spoken to about 5 neighbours and you know what they say everyone needs good neighbours :D:D So far i have borrowed an onion from one and another has helped me when i had a power cut and my alarm on the outside of the house was going off :eek::eek:
The kids like it here but need a few friends but so far they are not killing each other which has to be a good thing roll on school starting :D:D

dollface

Visit site
Shame you didn't arrive earlier as the forest ggs are great. We're going to see Paloma Faith in July but its a sell out. Your yard is the gay capital!