Finally joined my first forum and the 21st century...

EventingMum

Visit site
Welcome, I'm also in Central Scotland. I'm a similar age to you too! Although I've been around horses all my life it had been years since I had my "own", as opposed to my son's cast offs! A couple of months ago my boy arrived - he was here to sell but ended up staying and I'm loving having him so know what you're feeling! Be warned, this site is truely addictived as you're finding out :)

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Ive just got back from the ponies and whilst dinner is cooking couldn't keep away from laptop and Im blown away by the lovely people who have said hello and welcome -Eventingmum great to hear from you - Hippona - I had to laugh at "even the waters hard" ..if Scotland goes independent Yorkshire can! and amymay I have read many posts from you over the past few years - lovely to meet you all.

Greylegs

Visit site
<<<<waves>>>> hi from me too and the hairy highland (who's never been to Scotland!) ... You're not the only one who just can't get my head round posting pics. I'm hopeless at it. But glad you've finally joined in the banter instead of standing on the sidelines. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of you.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Hi Greylegs <<<<waves back in generally southerly direction>>>> thank you for dropping by ..I have to say Im rather pleased with myself for taking the plunge!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to cooler days
Visit site
Hellooooo, I joined years back but never posted until I found a post from the owner of pony I bred and the rest is history. Like most forums you sometimes have to don a tin hat and retreat but it's all good fun and a great source of knowledge/experience. Many hours of happy posting to you.

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
Hi midlife

welcome lovely post :) I'm the opposite of you a Scots Thistle transplanted to Yorkshire ... soon to be temporarily in Bristol ... that far south worries me. I'm rubbish at photos and only use facebook for horsey interests so you are not alone.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
What a lovely first post, welcome to the mad house. It is a place of useful information, support, sometimes mis-information, friendship, laughter, advice, tears and fellowship , but I think it really comes into it's own in times of need or hardship, god forbid anyone of us find ourselves alone, freezing, sitting in your horses stable at 3am praying to each and any and all of the gods that your horse makes it through the night, there is always someone here with you just at the other side of your phone while while you're sat in the dark on your own , sending virtual support, 'hugs' and a friendly word ,although we don't know each other at all, we all can understand that feeling of helplessness and loneliness and people in this virtual world really rally together and help in times of need.

You are so welcome here, I'm pretty rubbish at posting pictures too but love looking at other peoples neddies!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Hello Falconers and Twinkley Lights - thank you for stopping by and your kind words. Falconers I will order my tin hat and have white hankie ready and Twinkley Lights ..don't worry Bristol hasn't been involved in the slave trade for a couple of hundred years..you ll be safe lol

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Thank you Blairandazria for reading and responding - very kind of you but also highlights the fact that I am having to consider the H&H app for my phone...that's too much technology for me to consider in one day lol!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I cant tell you how heartwarming it is to hear that there are other people in the wider world who are "technically challenged". OH thinks I am just lazy about learning to use new applications - daughter just thinks Im too old - I prefer to think I am too busy doing lots of other things to justify the time to stop and "do stuff".... Oops but here I am spending time on line and not getting ready for work tomorrow!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Being able to post pics is the pinnacle of achievements in my view - I also have never owned ipods/ipads/mp3 players/kindle/ipads etc...I have my trusty phone which texts and takes fotos - a laptop and a 25 year old stacking stereo system whose sound is sooooo good still after all these years I cant part with it. Oh I have moved onto DAB radio now as I can listen to radio4 xtra during my insomniac episodes at night - listening to the World Service was getting seriously depressing.

Ladyinred

Visit site
I am totally challenged, I don't even have an i-phone!! Nor owned an ipod/MP3 player etc. As for a kindle or ipad well.............

But I can post pics!! :)

YAY same here... except I can't post pictures as my PB account has gone most peculiar.

We should have a special forum for all the err 'more mature' members lol since we seem to be increasing in number.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I felt it would be churlish not to say hello to your hello thread :)
I'm Pearlsasinger's sister (she posted earlier in the thread) and I have to post any pics of our shared horses :D
This forum can be infuriating sometimes, but there is always some-one around when the chips are down. We had a mare with a rectal prolapse when sister was at conference, it was a long night, but made much more bearable by there being people around all night helping to keep me going. People are here for the ups and the downs and understand how important those daft creatures are to us :)

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to cooler days
Visit site
YAY same here... except I can't post pictures as my PB account has gone most peculiar.

We should have a special forum for all the err 'more mature' members lol since we seem to be increasing in number.

But, she says sobbing, I'm only young! (ish);) Ok, my first record purchased was Erasure's "A little respect" and I am totally the wrong side of 30.............................so perhaps I need special help.:(:(

Ladyinred

Visit site
But, she says sobbing, I'm only young! (ish);) Ok, my first record purchased was Erasure's "A little respect" and I am totally the wrong side of 30.............................so perhaps I need special help.:(:(

Lol I was just about to say the same thing im *only* 30!!

OMG!!! You are such technophobes I thought you were ancient like me lol. Thought you youngsters were all au fait with technology!

_GG_

Visit site
Well if proof were needed about how old I am (and sometimes feel) I was away to sleep whilst you were still posting!

That won't last long ;)

Welcome to the forum Midlifecrisis. This is why I wish this forum had and "Introduce yourself" section so that everybody did this when joining.

First, my hat's off to you, going back to riding after such a long time off can be really daunting, so I just want to do a little happy dance for you as you, quite rightly sound very pleased with yourself for realising your dream and I love how your husband is slowly getting sucked in as well. Give it another 10 years and he might have one too :)

How lovely that you have been able to do what you love AND spend more time with your daughter as a shared passion. Just lovely.

If you ever have difficulty with the techy parts of posting, like photo's or videos, just ask, there are always people online willing to help :) xx

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I fear you may be right _GG_ and Ladyinred - should be working and couldn't resist a quick look - if being a horse addict wasn't enough!. It was kind of you to welcome me _GG_ I ve always enjoyed reading the introductions others occasionally post - it puts a kind of context around names when one is a newcomer.