Finally posted his for sale ad

Jingleballs

Visit site
After months on indecision I've finally taken the step and put my amazing horse up for sale. :(

For years he was my soul mate, my top priority and I used to practically run out of work every day - rain or shine - just to get to the yard and spend hours riding, grooming and pottering about with him. He took me from being a very nervous novice to getting out and competing in all disciplines. He was my life.

Nowadays due to family/lack of time I just don't have that drive or that bond anymore and while he's perfectly happy being worked a couple of times a week and living out with his herd, I'm more and more begining to see him more as a chore and worry about thinks like what if he gets injured - could I give him the time/cared needed.

It also hasn't helped that where I live nowdays there are no yards that meet all of our needs - you either have good facilities and crap grazing or vice versa which is what I have now but it means in the winter (and during this slightly rubbish summer) I rarely get to ride - making it even more difficult to motivate myself. The final straw was the yard basically renaguing on their promise to have a new arena for winter, not fixing the flooded drains, leaving stables, dodgy fencing and cutting back our grazing for the benefits of their other live stock and meaning that this winter, not only would I still have not facilities, but my horse wouldn't be able to live out as happily as he did this year.

So it's done - I've put him on a few free sites for now and I'm hoping that I get some genuine interest as that will make the whole process much easier.

I'm still riddled with guilt though - he owes me nothing and here I am passing him on :(

rachk89

Visit site
Really sorry you are having to sell him but it sounds like the right call. I am sure someone will give him a great home and you won't have to worry about him. Althoughyou could loan him instead of selling then when family life becomes easier you can either share with loaner or take him back.

Jingleballs

Visit site
I did think about loaning him out and got a lot of interest when I advertised him but all the loan homes were miles away and I have heard so many horror stories - and there is always the risk of having him sent back at short notice in crap condition or with an injury and they having to scramble around to find somewhere to keep him.

CateFerret

Visit site
I did think about loaning him out and got a lot of interest when I advertised him but all the loan homes were miles away and I have heard so many horror stories - and there is always the risk of having him sent back at short notice in crap condition or with an injury and they having to scramble around to find somewhere to keep him.

This must be a very hard decision for you, but only you know what's best for you both.
Good luck X