Finally!

I See Clover

Visit site
... I have managed to save up and buy my very first trailer :D I am a full time student, so this is officially the most expensive thing I have ever bought on my own. I'm not always the most efficient with my money when it comes to saving, so I'm chuffed at my achievement.

Pointless post really, but it's been a long time coming. I have been desperate to get out and start to compete properly, so I am a little excited.

On the down side, I am not too sure my step dad's jeep can legally tow, so that could set us back for a while. Some of our friends have offered their services (and 4x4's) until we check it all out, so not the end of the world :p

flowerlady

Visit site
... I have managed to save up and buy my very first trailer :D I am a full time student, so this is officially the most expensive thing I have ever bought on my own. I'm not always the most efficient with my money when it comes to saving, so I'm chuffed at my achievement.

Pointless post really, but it's been a long time coming. I have been desperate to get out and start to compete properly, so I am a little excited.

On the down side, I am not too sure my step dad's jeep can legally tow, so that could set us back for a while. Some of our friends have offered their services (and 4x4's) until we check it all out, so not the end of the world :p

Come on then piccy required of trailer. Why do you not think the jeep will tow it?

MissChaos

Visit site

I See Clover

Visit site
Come on then piccy required of trailer. Why do you not think the jeep will tow it?

Meant to take a few pics today, but totally forgot. I will post some tomorrow! One of our friends thinks it is not legal to tow, it's a Vauxhall Frontera short wheel drive.. that's all I know, will need to check the spec etc!

Well jel ;) But well done and have fun.

If you go into Competition Riders, ROG has a thread that you'll find helpful:

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=490195

You can also check your vehicle's spec and capabilities at Parkers - you'd need to look up the weight of your Jeep itself and its braked towing weight (enter make and model then click More Info next to the appropriate one):

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/

Thanks very much for the links, I will check them out :)

WOO! I'm *trying* to save too!! I'm glad it's not impossible! :D

What trailer is it?

I'm annoyed at myself because I could have had one last year if I had been more careful with my money :eek: I have definitely learnt my lesson! Hopefully you are better at saving than me :p

It's a green Ifor Williams 505 from 2003. Paid just over £2200 and it is brilliant condition for its' age :)