Finally!!

Auslander

Visit site
My fields are dry enough to harrow and roll! Can't believe it's taken til mid May to get to this point!

32953107_10157046422330730_8123910638721302528_n.jpg

32792465_10157046340095730_734774389295284224_n.jpg

Britestar

Visit site
Mine were harrowed yesterday and rolled today.

Although the ejit harrowing didnt et me know so I got a call telling me that he's was doing it with the horses in the field!

Cue call to neighbours asking them to go up and move them for me.

Auslander

Visit site
Mine were harrowed yesterday and rolled today.

Although the ejit harrowing didnt et me know so I got a call telling me that he's was doing it with the horses in the field!

Cue call to neighbours asking them to go up and move them for me.

Oh dear! I had three in the garden, two in the fatty paddock, two in the pen that I didn't have to dismantle to let the tractor in, and three in the stables. I think they're all back roughly where I want them now, but I can't be bothered to do too much reshuffling. Everything that lives out is out, and everything that lives in at night is back in - and there's a substantial hedge between the sexes. That'll do!

only_me

Visit site
Yes ours were rolled 2 nights ago :D makes so much difference!!

The field is always rolled with the animals still in it, never had any issues about it

Britestar

Visit site
Next on the hitlist...bloody buttercups

Well the guy who was spraying the summer fields rang in the morning to say he'd be over next week, so i put them back in there, and low and behold he turned up that night too!

All back in the winter field which is nicely rolled until I get some rain, then they can move back to where they're meant to be ����

Auslander

Visit site
Get some geese! They love to pull the buttercups and roots for you, our damp field was full of them but the geese have sorted them for us without the need to spray

Geese would be fun! Although - I have two horses here who chase seagulls, rabbits, deer and dogs - so geese might get a bit of stick!

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Ours were harrowed about 2 weeks ago. They were meant to start fertilising Monday, but just had a message saying postponed until some rain is forecast. Who’d have thought that a few weeks ago? Not having mine fertilised though because of my cushings mare.

Adopter

Visit site
Geese would be fun! Although - I have two horses here who chase seagulls, rabbits, deer and dogs - so geese might get a bit of stick!

They are fun and good field 'guards', seeing the geese wings outstretched chase unwanted visitors straying from NT land next door is great fun! Ours have been known to chase the horses but generally they seem to ignore each other and get on with the serious business of eating.