Find me a pony please HHOers...

Boulty

Visit site
I've nearly commented a few times but then held back for one reason or another. Would advise not to touch Flash with a very long bargepole (If you do I will seek you out & beat you with it!). He is not sound behind & I've been on & off not sure if he's not a bit short in front as well. No horse is perfect but some are more imperfect than others! Even if whatever is going on with him is fixable he never looks relaxed, is hollowing his back & may well need restarting from scratch to unlearn some of this. This would be a long & boring process & not a particularly fun project to take on.

The little grey you went to see looks nice but don't feel you have to rush into anything as younger & smaller than you wanted with some other niggles like the spooking. Although if this is ideally a horse to sell on you don't necessarily need to be head over heels in love with it (& in fact that may make selling easier if you're not). Obviously don't buy a horse you hate but you probably aren't going to drop as lucky as Boggle again.

Please note I'm generally awful at taking my own advice...

JJS

Visit site

Chippers1

Visit site
I've got nothing useful to add to this thread (rubbish at horse shopping) but i'm totally invested!
Two things I have to add...greys are the best - i'm probably the only person in the world who deliberately went looking for a grey! and I've learned that I could probably sell my connie for three times as much as I bought him for, I didn't realise how much the market had exploded! Not that he'd ever be for sale of course :D

Michen

Visit site
Guys I like this chap. One photo makes the confo look awful but think he’s ok? He has a short pony trot but a nice canter. Looks quite buzzy and fun. From Ireland. He sort of reminds me of Basil!

ARGH photos keep saying server error. Why!? Anyone know how to sort it? :(

timbobs

Visit site
ARGHHHH I’m desperate to upload photos I REALLY like the horse. It’s a Basil Boggle cross!!!!! Got a warm fuzzy feeling. Can’t wait for you guys to tell me he’s a sack of potatoes ?

Ohhh I want to see it!

I've been enjoying following this thread! You know whatever you buy will essentially be a HHO horse and you have to keep us all updated :)

Pippity

Visit site
I do NOT need a third horse, I'm not riding the two I've got because of the weather but there really is something very smart about that little man!

I don't need the livery bills of a second, but could really do with something to ride while Blue's off games, and I do like him. And there's currently a spare box on my yard.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Pony photos off @Michen :
oHCi9qE.jpg

01jghUQ.jpg

idazPUh.jpg

MCqkCof.jpg

Michen

Visit site
Thanks DF!!!. Please go easy on him in one of them it’s not ideal, think it’s the angle ;).

Adorable Alice especially needs to look ;)

he’s out of tulira roebuck for you Connie fans.

Getting more videos tonight but I really really really like what I’ve seen.. proper fuzzy feeling!