Find me a pony please HHOers...

Bernster

Visit site
Like the new bay! Looks to have active paces, forward going and nicely put together Connie. Just need to sort out those front feet. If he grows a few inches and turns out to be a good un, I’ll have him when you’re done ?

Michen

Visit site
Hi guys,
Have decided to get the pony vetted. Agreed a price with seller on the basis that he keeps the pony until 1st April.
He’s very relaxed and I don’t think expects me to pay for him until he’s due to be transported, doesn’t want A deposit till after vetting etc.

How would you juggle this with when to make payment, just before he’s transported? Otherwise if pony had accident there before and he’s mine I’ll be liable for vet fees?

I can just get him over straight away but 1st April would be so much easier re livery and holidays etc and seller seems happy with it.

Unless any of you guys want a companion pony for 4 weeks ;)

Last edited:

Michen

Visit site
Well he’s got a good front end (knee up!), a less good hind end, crappy feet (should be sortable) but has that little sparkle about him. For your budget there will always be compromise and for me that’s the hind limb here. Of the ones you have posted this seems most ‘you’

Ha, great post. He’s definitely the most me!

ihatework

Visit site
Hi guys,
Have decided to get the pony vetted. Agreed a price with seller on the basis that he keeps the pony until 1st April.
He’s very relaxed and I don’t think expects me to pay for him until he’s due to be transported, doesn’t want A deposit till after vetting etc.

How would you juggle this with when to make payment, just before he’s transported? Otherwise if pony had accident there before and he’s mine I’ll be liable for vet fees?

I can just get him over straight away but 1st April would be so much easier re livery and holidays etc and seller seems happy with it.

Unless any of you guys want a companion pony for 4 weeks ;)

Honestly I’d pay as soon as he has vetted and then insure.
I’m sure the seller wouldn’t, but other than a moral obligation, could he theoretically still sell the pony prior to receiving the ££

I think if he is prepared to absorb the cost of keeping pony for a month you should probably pay upfront. If I were the seller that would be my expectation

Michen

Visit site
Honestly I’d pay as soon as he has vetted and then insure.
I’m sure the seller wouldn’t, but other than a moral obligation, could he theoretically still sell the pony prior to receiving the ££

I think if he is prepared to absorb the cost of keeping pony for a month you should probably pay upfront. If I were the seller that would be my expectation

Fair enough, yes. Happy to do that, just felt a bit weird about paying for a pony thats not here. Wondering whether to just bring him over tbh, but figured it might be nicer for pony having multiple house moves. I’m sure I could find grass livery for him for a month though.!

Pippity

Visit site
Fair enough, yes. Happy to do that, just felt a bit weird about paying for a pony thats not here. Wondering whether to just bring him over tbh, but figured it might be nicer for pony having multiple house moves. I’m sure I could find grass livery for him for a month though.!

I think I'd bring him straight over and find grass livery for a month. If he was closer, I'd be willing to leave him with the seller, but he's a long way away and anything could happen.

Patterdale

Visit site
I absolutely wouldn’t pay as soon as he’s vetted. You never know what might happen.
I pay a deposit I can bear to lose, and I pay the balance the day they sail and insure then if I’m insuring.
Id get it all explicitly in writing and get it over as soon as possible unless I knew the seller personally.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I've been away and I've missed all this and have not gone back to read 23 pages! But I gather you are getting a pony to play with, presumably while Bog recovers. So have fun and I hope vetting goes well!

Michen

Visit site
Don't change his name! It's bad luck! I never believed this and I change everything's name, and quite a few have gone wrong in different unlucky ways. I'd never change a name again!

I changed Boggles name. Injury aside he’s been the best luck ever!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Good Luck for the vet!!

I would be so careful with leaving the pony with the seller, if it were me I would pay and move him - possibly look at grass livery for a month. These sale contracts have so much potential to go wrong, as you know with horses, and is a legal nightmare when it does. Pleeeease think very carefully beforehand, especially as you don't know the seller from adam.