Find me a pony please HHOers...

Michen

Visit site
Well.... He's currently broken!!! But only after doing something daft in the field ?

He moves brilliantly for a connie, has a fabulous jump, and a really lovely temperament. Can be looky and can buck a bit when excited, but is on nearly all levels your perfect easy allrounder.

I worship him! Hope yours is as nice ?

Ps mine has connie hocks too...

excellent thanks! He also has Corrib Prince as his damsire. Very nicely bred pony really!

Michen

Visit site
YAY! I really prefer the way this one has been trained, forward onto the contact, no fuss, natural paces (apart from naff feet). I would suspect that he is not quite as easy to ride as that rider makes him look, but that is all part of the game.

Glad you are shoeing, vetting and bringing straight home. I would not leave him there any longer than necessary.

Bogsil Bear looks Ace fun!!!

No I’m sure he will be a right little game player, the little buck attempt when asked for canter was not missed ;) .

I expect he might be fairly thuggish but in a less emotional way than Boggle!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Well.... He's currently broken!!! But only after doing something daft in the field ?

He moves brilliantly for a connie, has a fabulous jump, and a really lovely temperament. Can be looky and can buck a bit when excited, but is on nearly all levels your perfect easy allrounder.

I worship him! Hope yours is as nice ?

Ps mine has connie hocks too...

I have a granddaughter of his. We could start an hho club ?
Mine is only 14.2hh though, and I'm 5'8 so we go for a much more comedy look!

tristar

Visit site
I had a smashing gelding from Henry, was so sad him dying so young.

Is the family still breeding then? I’ll be looking for foals again this year.

i`ll ask joe in the morning, but i thought he said they have a some due this year, will double check, yes so sad he died so young

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
just checked this thread for the first time since yesterday, cant believe how many posts. i like the look of this one, my mare had straight hocks and i did all riding club stuff with her and she was still being ridden when 23, lost her at 24 after an accident in the field so although straight hocks she was never lame on a hind until her accident....good luck with the vetting and hope all goes well on the journey, some of the transporters dont feed hay and it caused one i knew to be quite ill when he came from ireland...might be worth checking if the transporter you are using will feed hay...

Boulty

Visit site
When I bought Fuzzball I paid for him about 2 months before he actually travelled down. (seller wouldn't take a deposit & I wanted him to have his initial flu jabs before travelling due to how he was going to have to travel) This meant he was definitely mine & I could insure him in case of anything going wrong... although have just seen that you've hopefully got something sorted to bring him over sooner than April if he passes so that's good :)

Last edited:

Michen

Visit site
Eeeek vetting booked for Thursday next week to give time for feet to be done and for him to get over half his foot being removed..

Fingers crossed he passes and he will be on the boat. I want him NOW! Ha!

Shall I get his jabs done at the vetting... seems to make sense if he passes?

Last edited:

be positive

Visit site
Eeeek vetting booked for Thursday next week to give time for feet to be done and for him to get over half his foot being removed..

I would not get them done unless he has a good few days to wait before traveling, it can hit them and if they then get stressed by a long journey it will do more harm than good.

Patterdale

Visit site

I would yes, save a call out. It would be very unlikely to adversely affect him that much.

Fingers crossed for the vetting! I think he’s a good buy, seems cheap in the current market but not suspiciously cheap. Best of luck for Thursday!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
good luck with the vetting, if he doesnt pass have a look at hm00822a3 on horsemart, black connie gelding £2250, warwick, not sure how far from you but must be closer than ireland...

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I've been away and I've missed all this and have not gone back to read 23 pages! But I gather you are getting a pony to play with, presumably while Bog recovers. So have fun and I hope vetting goes well!

I've been away from here and I made it my mission to catch up (during another snow storm) ...

Michen I'm happy to pop down there and have a look if you want me to.

Sheep

Visit site

I got mine vaccinated upon passing of vet, it worked out really well date-wise for me too, kept him 100% up to date :D

Everything tightly crossed!!

SusieT

Visit site
I would not vaccinate if he's about to travel- only if he will have a clear week- just sets him up for too much stress at one time, get him vetted, travelled then get your own vet out to vaccinate when he's settled in.

flying_high

Visit site
I would not vaccinate if he's about to travel- only if he will have a clear week- just sets him up for too much stress at one time, get him vetted, travelled then get your own vet out to vaccinate when he's settled in.

Risk is that picks up actual flu whilst travelling in a confined and stressful enviroment which lowers immunity, with other unvaccinated horses. I would vaccinate, and leave a week before travelling, so imunity kicks in.

Though I guess if he is totally unvaccinated, it would only be first booster, and only give limited additional protection.

Michen

Visit site
That's a nice kind pony face, and look, his door isn't closed but he's happy in his stable.

Its a very kind sweet face which doesn’t scream mischief to me. I knew the minute I saw Boggle stood looking like he owned the world with his head over the stable door after a good nights sleep when he arrived that I was in a world of trouble with him.

If I get that same feeling from this one I’ll be running a mile!!!