Find out out tomorrow if my 10yrold will be retired-in in pieces already

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
Vet is up tomorrow to xray and scan my girl. I alreadly know about the arhthritis but still not solved either a ligament problem or arthritis has reached its peak. Distraught at the thought of retiring her we haven't done Any of the things we planned since i got her.
I know its a pointless post but so down now just need happy thoughts.

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
Thanks i know that having her retired is better than nothing but we had plans and more fun to have. Then there is the finding a place to keep her. Trying to be positive!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Knitting!? oops lost me ;-)
We must be mad but i'll have more in my lifetime can't give them up.

No heart ache in knitting being your hobby ;)
Best of luck- my 12 yr old retired unexpectedly in November. Its rubbish not being able to ride him but on the other hand we've kind of become friends now! that sounds weird but I try still too spend time with him when I can and now its time scratching and that sort of thing instead of working him.
Hope your outcome is the right one xx

Auslander

Visit site
Surely you dont need to write the horse off even if there is a ligament.tendon thing going on. I have spent the last year on an emotional (and financial) rollercoaster with my horse, who is 16 this year, and has arthritis and suspensory desmitis, plus massive lumps of calcium floating round in his stifle. My vet was sure we could get him right. I was sure we could get him right, and although its been a long and sometimes depressing journey - he is, touch wood, sound and ready to bring back into work. He probably won't return to his previous competitive level (PSG dressage horse), but vet sees no reason why, if I take the next 4-6 months very carefully, and get him super fit, that he can't make a modest comeback. Its been hard, I've questioned my judgement many times,and several people have told me I'm mad - but I adore the horse, and wanted to give him every chance. He's very special, and doesn't owe anyone anything.

And now I have to stop, because I've made myself blub!

twilight01

Visit site
Time and rest in paddock just being a horse can do a lot of good - mine just had 14 months off (3 on box rest rest pottering in field) and came sound - still early days on rehab front

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
She will only be retired if it's the arthritis thar has peaked, although ligaments etc could be costly i will def be getting that seen to hopefully by insurance.
I have thought about turning her away bytes worried that after 4 days on bute and still being severely lame that her changes have got worse and i'll have decisions to make. Still it could be something fixable, will do all i can.