Finding a hacking/endurance home

soloequestrian

Visit site
The project horse I have is quite worried about being in the school. We seem to take two steps forward and then one back and neither of us are really enjoying it. In contrast, he is lovely to hack - forward, doesn't rush home, appears to enjoy himself. I'm wondering about finding him a hacking/endurance home - someone who's not bothered about school work. Is this easy to do? Where might I advertise? He is a smart WBxTB, 16hh.

Littlebear

Visit site
The project horse I have is quite worried about being in the school. We seem to take two steps forward and then one back and neither of us are really enjoying it. In contrast, he is lovely to hack - forward, doesn't rush home, appears to enjoy himself. I'm wondering about finding him a hacking/endurance home - someone who's not bothered about school work. Is this easy to do? Where might I advertise? He is a smart WBxTB, 16hh.

I would advertise as normal, i would just say hacking as much less specific than endurance, he might even make a nice hunter if hes sensible enough in a group. Lots of people out there not fussed about schooling (assuming no physical reason he is struggling).

Lovemarmite

Visit site
He would be exactly what I would be looking for, I have no desire to school or compete, I just love to hack, I'm sure you would have no problem selling, wish I had the room for three

Desert_rider

Visit site
Likewise Lovemarmite. No interest in competing and don't really enjoy schooling but love to hack. A nice sane but forward hack that will go in company and alone is the type of horse that would suit me down to the ground.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
If he can do all paces and maybe pop a fence out hacking then I imagine he'll appeal to quite a few people. I bought Granny horse as a "hates schooling" hack. We ended up schooling a bit because I managed to persuade her she did like it after all. But I was more than happy to buy a sensible but forward going hack.

soloequestrian

Visit site
Thanks, that's encouraging! How much would I ask for that type of horse? He's not a novice ride and he is a bit green about cantering on hacks although he is enjoying it now. I know he has done a little bit of jumping but not with me. He is 10.

Jellymoon

Visit site
Right Horse Right Home is brilliant for that type of situation, be really honest and I think you’ll have no trouble. £2000-£3000 do you think?

MiniMilton

Visit site
My 2 ridden horses are good in the school and very spooky/nappy out hacking. I would love the opposite for at least one of them!
Lots of people don't have a school and I think he will still be very saleable. Full disclosure and you will get the perfect home for him.

Orangehorse

Visit site
Should find a home easily. There are plenty of people who maybe competed in the past, so are very competent riders, but with family and increasing age just don't want to do competitions any more and like to go hacking. So something that isn't a novice ride would be OK for them so long as it a rodeo horse!