Finding a horse to hack or school

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Despite my best efforts to stay away from horses and spend my free time sailing I'm finding it a bit difficult to do.
So I'm trying to find a horse or horses to either hack or school (flat or jump) one to three times a week.
What I'm really after is an owner who hasn't got the time to give their horse as much exercise as needed or perhaps would like help schooling.
I'm not looking for a share or to compete and only really want to ride weekday evenings (poss sat morning) as my weekends are for playing on water.
So, i've placed adverts on preloved and equine adverts but wondering where else on line to try.
Thought about horse gossip but that seems very much focussed on showing.
Any ideas gratefully received.

WelshD

Visit site
I dont suppose you are lightweight and experienced are you?

I'm looking for someone to back and school my Welsh sec A pony but he is only 11-11.2hh :(

I am in Towcester and would pay!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
I dont suppose you are lightweight and experienced are you?
No to the first and yes to the second.
5'10" and 10st 6lbs (male). Experience is 40 odd years playing BD, BE an BS(JA).
Now if you had a 16.2 to break and school we'd be cooking!

ETA- I dont accept payment except in coffe.

WelshD

Visit site
No to the first and yes to the second.
5'10" and 10st 6lbs (male). Experience is 40 odd years playing BD, BE an BS(JA).
Now if you had a 16.2 to break and school we'd be cooking!

ETA- I dont accept payment except in coffe.

D'oh!

Finding someone locally that is small and can school to a high standard is proving impossible!!!

Do try Horse Gossip, its not all about the showing and even taking the showing in to account you still may find something, with your experience I'd have you to school my pony like a shot and he is intended for showing.

lara b

Visit site
Despite my best efforts to stay away from horses and spend my free time sailing I'm finding it a bit difficult to do.
So I'm trying to find a horse or horses to either hack or school (flat or jump) one to three times a week.
What I'm really after is an owner who hasn't got the time to give their horse as much exercise as needed or perhaps would like help schooling.
I'm not looking for a share or to compete and only really want to ride weekday evenings (poss sat morning) as my weekends are for playing on water.
So, i've placed adverts on preloved and equine adverts but wondering where else on line to try.
Thought about horse gossip but that seems very much focussed on showing.
Any ideas gratefully received.

hi, I know of someone, very flexible about days, based Wicken no chores but financial contribution required. 16 h gelding bit daft but sweet with it

BeckyD

Visit site
Hello! I wondered where you had gone!

I'll put some feelers out in case anyone at my yard knows of anything. I can pop something on the yard's facebook page and pass you anything that comes of it (if anything did - probably slim chance).

The lure of horses is ever-strong :D