Finding Nigel Owens

vanessathomas87

New User
Visit site
Hi,

18 months ago I gave my lovely saddle to the saddle fitter Nigel Owens for him to sell it. He said it would be gone within a couple of months. I decided 3 months ago to get it back and sell it privately and since this I have struggled to contact this man and have tried everything, with this being my last resort. If anybody has this man coming to look at a saddle or has some form of contact with him please let me know before I have to tell everyone about him as this is not what I want.

Any help, whatsoever, would be greatly appreciated!

Vanessa

vanessathomas87

New User
Visit site
Forgot it was national! He works in the northwest, think he travels quite far (he comes to me in the Wirral) but I think his main base is Chester/Nantwich way.

LouandBee

Visit site
Hi,

I was in a similar scenario with a tack shop that went bust and disappeared together with one of my saddles they had in to sell. I looked up the companies registered address on Companies House which happened to be the owners home address and turned up on thier door step with the OH in tow. The saddle had been taken by bayliffs but they did return it eventually.

Hope that helps a bit.

vanessathomas87

New User
Visit site
The only problem is that he is an independent saddle fitter and therefore doesn't technically have an "office" address or anything, well not that I can find! :-(

ghostie

Visit site
Sometimes I have to track people down as part of my job, so just done a little dig online and not found much.

Are you prepared to call up random people? If so there are two N Owens in the phonebook who live in Cheshire - one in Altrincham and one in Frodsham. You could make a polite phonecall and ask to speak to Nigel and if it's a Nick or a Norman you can just say oops, wrong number ;)

onlytheponely

Visit site
Hi,

I was in a similar scenario with a tack shop that went bust and disappeared together with one of my saddles they had in to sell. I looked up the companies registered address on Companies House which happened to be the owners home address and turned up on thier door step with the OH in tow. The saddle had been taken by bayliffs but they did return it eventually.

Hope that helps a bit.

Sounds like we might have dealt with the same tack shop :eek:
Never got my 2 saddles back or money though as she'd sold them, Stubben and Albion Selecta :mad:

Good luck VT87 hope you have a successful outcome.

vanessathomas87

New User
Visit site
Thanks to all of you for the help and time you have put into this. I have never used forums before this, as this is a last option in this situation and I have been really surprised that in such a small space of time people have been so helpful. So thanks to all of you and if any of you find anything els out that would be fantastic. I will track down all the leads you have left me today.

Thanks!
Vanessa

ghostie

Visit site
Thanks to all of you for the help and time you have put into this. I have never used forums before this, as this is a last option in this situation and I have been really surprised that in such a small space of time people have been so helpful. So thanks to all of you and if any of you find anything els out that would be fantastic. I will track down all the leads you have left me today.

Thanks!
Vanessa

People can be pretty helpful on here :) Welcome to HHO - you'll find it is dangerously addictive. I will send you a PM with the phone numbers I found as I probably shouldn't post them on an open forum - they are in the public phone book - but still...

DressageCob

Visit site
This is quite surprising. My yard has used Nigel for years, he's always been legit and a very good fitter. He was previously at chester saddlery before it was taken over. Occasionally he drops off the grid but always reappears. I'm sure he won't have run off with your saddle or sold it without contacting you. It's just not like him. Like I said, we've used him for many years for many horses. In fact, I bought my second hand dressage saddle off him last year.

Taffyhorse

Visit site
If he is a registered saddler it might be worth looking on the Master Saddlers website - or whatever the regulator is called, sorry can't remember exactly. Not sure if it has contact details on there but it might be worth a try.

vanessathomas87

New User
Visit site
This is quite surprising. My yard has used Nigel for years, he's always been legit and a very good fitter. He was previously at chester saddlery before it was taken over. Occasionally he drops off the grid but always reappears. I'm sure he won't have run off with your saddle or sold it without contacting you. It's just not like him. Like I said, we've used him for many years for many horses. In fact, I bought my second hand dressage saddle off him last year.

This is why I gave it to him, one of the women at our yard has used him for over 20 years and I know a number of other people who use him. But I am not the only one struggling to get saddles back at the moment. It is unusual and why I didn't want to start posting on forums but I've run out of options :-(