Finding Sharers...

LifeofRiley

Visit site
I'm considering looking for a sharer for my 15hh ISH... short term or long term and flexible on stable duties etc - it's more the exercise I need help with. But I'm not sure where to start looking - if anyone is able to point me in the right direction that would be great :)

Princess Jess

Visit site
Best way of finding a sharer is through word of mouth so make sure all your horsey friends know you are looking for one!
You can also try local tack shops, facebook pages, riding clubs, PC etc.
Or try posting ads on websites like preloved, Equine adverts, Horse deals, horsemart, horse and rider UK and the horse exchange (I think most have them have sections for loans/shares)

Where exactly are you based? You might want to add a little more detail about your boy on here and maybe a lovely HHO'er could help you out :)

LifeofRiley

Visit site
Thanks Princess Jess,

I'm based in Warlingham/South Croydon, Surrey/London area. He is a coloured 15hh ISH, aged 11 and a huge scopey jump and good on the flat too. Happy to hack out alone or in company and good on roads. My yard is a quite very friendly yard with a great 60 x 20 all weather arena and right next door to a bridleway.... pm me for more information :)

Captain Bridget

Visit site
I talked to a few people about shares through Preloved, and also a lot on local horsey Facebook groups. I found my current two shares on Facebook. One directly, the other a friend knew her friend was looking so pointed her in my direction. I found my first two shares on a local horsey forum linked to a local tack shop. I also regularly looked on the tack shops advertising board [actually at the shop].

I found Horsemart etc not very helpful for looking for shares.

SnowandSunshine

Visit site
Hiya, I advertised my mare (in Warlingham) and someone has just contacted me but looking for something she can do a bit more than hacking with. This was the text from her email - I'll PM you her email address too.

Hi, I saw your ad for a sharer and am not far, but I am looking for something younger - I can do all chores as I have shared for about 24 years! Would anyone else on your yard be looking for a sharer? I am 41 yrs old, 5ft5 and about 9 stone. Competed in BE, BSJA and lots o cross country (not BE), happy to hack, jump and school and have lessons.