Finding the right sharers

ainouu

Visit site
I've only done this as the sharer. Just bought my share horse so will be in the same boat soon!

I live in Leam too and was looking for a share horse about a month ago! Found one now though, had to go about 10 miles outside Leam because couldn't find anything nearer...

From a sharer's point of view I would say that there's a lot of competent and good people out there looking for a share. You just need to be careful, interview and get a good feel of the person before you trust your horse in their care. I got very lucky, my share pony is amazing and his owner is really nice. We text each other nearly every day or talk on FB and she trusts me to take the pony to shows, gallops, wherever I like really.

University riding club could maybe help. I'm involved in the exec of my riding club and we have loads of members who have horses at home/have ridden for a long time and are missing horses while at uni.

kellybee

Visit site
I got really lucky with mine. She has a bond with him I could only wish for and she's only been riding him for a few months. She's achieved more with him in that time than I have in 3yrs and I wouldn't swap her for all the tea in China!

I advertised for a rider with no cost or jobs required, just someone to spend quality time with a horse I've never been able to click with/has too many quirks for me to sell without worrying where he'd end up.

She eats sleeps and breathes by that horse and he'd follow her to the ends of the earth. It's pretty amazing to see and knowing she can't afford to keep her own but has all the patience and confidence he needs, I'm more than happy with our arrangement. She's the best thing that ever happened to my horse :)