Finding work in the horse industry!!!

Mr Woo

New User
Visit site
Sorry I Will try to keep this brief.

I am currently seeking employment in the horse industry; I am looking for work in sales, marketing and management (happy to go in as a trainee). I have worked in the industry for over 17 years from leaving school. I have worked my way up from a groom in a racing yard to assistant manager at one of the countries larges riding centres, gaining an NVQ3 and coaching qualifications along the way.

As there was no progression where I was I decided to undertake a degree in Equine Business Management gaining a 1st class Hons. Since completing my degree I have worked for an equine feed company and I have been freelancing as an instructor and groom. However I can not seem to gain full-time employment within the industry. I have offered myself as a volunteer to several companies to no avail.

I do not want to have to leave the industry but I really am running out of Ideas!

All ideas, input welcome.

happybear

Visit site
No real advice but just to say I understand! I work in Marketing/PR in an equine organisation at the moment, but only on a temporary contract. My contracts nearly over, and related equine jobs are like gold dust.

Have you checked out www.equine-careers.co.uk? They always seem to have the best selection of office related equine jobs. And if you're willing to relocate, that would be a major advantage (I'm not and so it rules out a large proportion for me!!)

Best of luck :)