Pictures Finn’s first show report.

ImmyS

Visit site
I normally post Finn updates in the 3/4 year for year old thread, however I felt this update required a little thread of its own.

After having a long winter break Finn has been back under saddle for nearly 4 weeks including a couple of weeks at my trainers yard. He came home Thursday and there was a local show today just 5 minutes drive up the road so I thought would be a perfect first outing for him.

He was a superstar to get ready and was very patient with my super slow plaiting! When my OH turned up at the yard I couldn’t barely do anything my hands were shaking so much with the nerves!

I needn’t have worried. Finn strolled straight on the new trailer, travelled like a pro and came off the other end cool as a cucumber. Not bad considering he hasn’t travelled since last September!

Got to the show ground and he just took it all in. Walked him round and let him see the sights, I forgot how noisy and slightly chaotic is would be! Screaming horses, barking dogs, running children but he really didn’t bat an eye at anything.

I’m probably a bit mad entering my just coming 4 year old who’s never been to a show into a ridden class however I though even if I turn up, let him mooch round, settle then come home then I’d be happy. I was expecting at least some form of nerves/excitement from Finn, but he was a complete dude from start to finish. So I thought I’d go for it, tacked him up, hopped on, quick warm up then in the ring and he was a superstar, so calm even when another rider fell in the ring and her horse was loose.

He is just that kind of horse that gives you that “we can do anything feeling”.

We came away with a 2nd place frilly and a massive smile.

What a fab day!6606AF13-AF94-4FE9-A170-9A91C5B4DFBC.jpeg576283AA-BC22-4DBD-A99F-1772A74ED6A7.jpeg659ABE64-9E42-4FB2-B45B-36537FE744D3.jpeg439C5C99-10E1-42C6-9E29-72A5C6D1E9B0.jpeg915EA2B1-C555-4B94-8BB7-34BB411A5BB0.jpeg497B1C75-9737-4956-ACBA-CCE40D5A86EC.jpeg

southerncomfort

Visit site
I normally post Finn updates in the 3/4 year for year old thread, however I felt this update required a little thread of its own.

After having a long winter break Finn has been back under saddle for nearly 4 weeks including a couple of weeks at my trainers yard. He came home Thursday and there was a local show today just 5 minutes drive up the road so I thought would be a perfect first outing for him.

He was a superstar to get ready and was very patient with my super slow plaiting! When my OH turned up at the yard I couldn’t barely do anything my hands were shaking so much with the nerves!

I needn’t have worried. Finn strolled straight on the new trailer, travelled like a pro and came off the other end cool as a cucumber. Not bad considering he hasn’t travelled since last September!

Got to the show ground and he just took it all in. Walked him round and let him see the sights, I forgot how noisy and slightly chaotic is would be! Screaming horses, barking dogs, running children but he really didn’t bat an eye at anything.

I’m probably a bit mad entering my just coming 4 year old who’s never been to a show into a ridden class however I though even if I turn up, let him mooch round, settle then come home then I’d be happy. I was expecting at least some form of nerves/excitement from Finn, but he was a complete dude from start to finish. So I thought I’d go for it, tacked him up, hopped on, quick warm up then in the ring and he was a superstar, so calm even when another rider fell in the ring and her horse was loose.

He is just that kind of horse that gives you that “we can do anything feeling”.

We came away with a 2nd place frilly and a massive smile.

What a fab day!View attachment 91863View attachment 91864View attachment 91865View attachment 91866View attachment 91867View attachment 91868

Fantastic! Well done both of you!