First aid kits - what's in yours?

4whitesocks

Visit site
Just curious about what products people carry with them to comps etc., or have to hand on their yard - need to start building up one as to date have been on full livery and haven't travelled myself (always hitched a ride which was complete with fully stocked kit).....

the obvious ones to me...
animalintex
gamgee
cottonwool
some form of disinfectant
some form of ice-pack/coolpack
scissors
gloves
electrolytes....

I know I've missed loads.....

RLF

Visit site
Bute,
anti-biotics,
vet wrap
animal lintex
cotton wool
scissors
cling film
havent used the first aid box for a while so cannot remember what else is in it.

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Hahaha
laugh.gif
Love it
tongue.gif

buzzles

Visit site
Things I'd always travel with; Arnica, wound spray, cream for cuts like dermobian, aloe vera gel or sudacream, vaseline, elastoplast bandages, salt for washing wounds, animalintex, gamgee, scissors, hoof pick, gloves, clean bucket, cotton wool, icepack, staysound or other cooling gel, emergency number for vet or one local to area your competing at. One of the ponies had a pretty bad accident xc a few years ago so am now prepared for anything! The first aid box in the yard is overflowing as I've been accumulating things for it for years! I think you can buy first aid kits with everything in them which are probably good for starting off with.

Pidge

Visit site
far too much for me to remember and list but its in a big grooming box on lorry, 2 tubs at yard and spares of everything in big box in garage
blush.gif
, but have an accident prone horse so use your imagination - oh and nothing for humans as tend to use his aloe vera etc on me!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Does anyone carry a human first aid kit??

I keep meaning to get one, had to wrap the farriers finger in a lint dressing and vet wrap as didn't have any plasters up the yard.
blush.gif

_Jazz_

Visit site
gloves
Scissors
Gamgee
Animalintexs
Vet raps
Soffban
conforming bandages
Aintree Plast
Cotton Wool rolls
SS Bowls
Duct Tape
Hibiscrubx1
Savlon cleansing stuff x 1
Povidine Iodine x1
Poultice 'socks' x 2
Plastic Bags for poulticing
Poultice Boot
Nappies
Electric Tape -not the zapping kind
grin.gif

Stethoscope plus chart with normal TPR rates in case I forget at critical moment
blush.gif

Thermometor
Petroleum
KY
Sudocrem
Savlon cream
White Powder, I still swear by it!
Cold wrap things for legs
Optrex
Brolene
Pro Dynam
Abs powders,can't remember the name

Probably some more bits too
blush.gif

Loopy_laura

Visit site
mine has pretty much the same as caz_d but also bute, 6vol peroxcide and some hypodremic needles, syringes and nurofen, pro plus!!, chocolate and barbie plasters for me!!

evsj

Visit site
Do those of you with bute/antibiotics get your supplies from your vet or elsewhere? My horse got a kick/cut recently and I went to give her some antibiotics i had in my kit but they were two years out of date - just wondered if there was anywhere online to get them?

_Jazz_

Visit site
Thanks, you've jogged my memory, I was trying to remember the name of the whizzy tablets as my friend needed a boost yesterday !! Pro Plus !!! Thanks

_Jazz_

Visit site
Mine are from vet . I tend to request a few extra, in addiition to 'the course' prescribed. I know my abs only have a couple of months 'shelf life' left, the pro dynam about a year.

Loopy_laura

Visit site
dont know my vet just gives me it if i ring and ask him, so i dont often have any at home but can get it within 20 mins if i am at home! always gives me liquid i have to inject, cause i cant be bothered begging the boys to eat it!