First BE report!

Bexx

Visit site
So on Saturday we headed to Northallerton for our first BE event. Dressage was at 8.20 so was a very early start, leaving the yard at 5.45.
Got there in plenty of time so tacked up and hopped on for the warm up. He was very excited and tense so tried to work on getting him to relax a bit and allowing me to put my leg on. Went in for our test and he was generally good, but a bit tense and there was a few jogs in the medium walk and he broke to canter on one of the trot circles but overall he was obedient. Untacked and went to walk the show jumping course. It was fairly tight with a few dog legs in there, which doesn't suit him too well as he panics and runs if he lands on the incorrect lead. Hopped on to warm up again and he seemed to e forward and listening which was good. Jumped a few warm up fences then let him rest a little. Decided to jump one more fence before we went in. Total disaster! He basically stuck 2 fingers up at me, bombed towards the fence and crashed through it! The wings and everything came down, how embarrassing! So we went in for our round feeling not too confident but as soon as the bell went he was switched on and listening. He jumped a fab clear round, probably the best hes jumped, although he was getting a bit strong towards the end.
Back to the lorry and quick change before the cross country. He warmed up fab and was really listening. Off we went into the start box and he shot out like racehorse! Easy over fence 1 and as we were about 2 strides from fence 2 the flag blew down! So a bit wobbly over that but still clear. Then heard over the tannoy that I was sitting on a dressage score of 26.8! He was a bit unsure over the next few and had a spook at some people hiding in the woods. He came out of the woods really strong and flew over the next few. Came to the bank before the combination and I'd just decided to sit tight and let him take it how he wanted to then easily over the combination. He flew around the rest of the course clear inside the time. He made it feel so easy!
So for our first ever BE we finished on our dressage score of 26.8 for first place! Absolutely over the moon with him!
We are heading to Dalston Green next month for another 80 then may move up to the 90 for Kirkley Hall.
Heres some pictures of the handsome lad :)

Old Bat

Visit site
If you double click on your thumbnail photobucket image and blow it up, then click on the bottom of the four options on the righthand side it'll then turn yellow and say copied, then just paste into your post text.

kassieg

Visit site
Well done ! :)

I was there on Saturday but in the 90 & was on later than you bless you !

I'm either doing dalston or bishop i think then kirkley 100 so might see you about :)

I'm dying to see the pro pics but they haven't even started uploading yet :(

Tia0513

Visit site
Is your horse Ernie the milkman? We were there watching my brother and saw your sj and xc. Really liked your horse! Well done :)

(Am hoping I got the right person lol)