First BE100 in Northern England

Super_starz

Visit site
Green light for eventing = yey!

Need to start planning...My boy started BE towards the end of last season after us only doing BS previously. He jumped two double clears BE90.
We will be doing the 90 at Warwick Hall to get going again, the wanted to move up to 100.
Which events are straightforward for a first go- Skipton, Northallerton, Richmond, burgham? Any others I have missed.
Thanks ?

Patterdale

Visit site
My info might be slightly out of date BUT -

Skipton - hilly and always used to be up to height. Needs a fit horse

Northallerton and Richmond - both SJ on a surface and I would say good first timer xc

Burgham I’ve never done.

Like I say though this is info from back in the day! Have you looked on shoestring eventing for course pictures?

Super_starz

Visit site
I have actually ridden all three about 15 years ago, and remember skipton as hilly. Richmond always used to be good for moving up a level but things have probably changed so much since I have last been!
I did look at the photos and thought skipton looked really straightforward but it’s such a long way which puts me off slightly! Hoping that Northallerton and Richmond are still nice ones!

alexomahony

Visit site
If you're going to those places you're possibly quite close to me. Frickley and Epworth are both really nice too, along with Speetly :)

x

VRIN

Visit site
I think Somerford rides really well although it looks scary! Skipton is up to height and as mentioned is hilly but still a nice course. I think it depends on you and your horse. Northallerton has always been quite straightforward but not done it in a while.

alexomahony

Visit site
I felt the course at Frickley was a bit tougher than Speetley and Epworth? Lovely venue though!

Yes you’re probably right - I’ve walked them and dream (can’t afford to event sadly!) and felt it was tough but inviting if I remember rightly! I always see Bishop Burton as the toughest course in this area but really want to jump around the 90 one day!

Super_starz

Visit site
Yeah I did the 90 at Frenchfields last year but stupidly didn’t take any notice of the 100. They have a water now, and will be doing the 100 there but ideally wanted another run before then.