First dressage test tonight- very nervous now!

Hedwards

Visit site
Positive you'll do great Vibes coming your way!!

I'm sure you'll be fine! Competition nerves are completely normal!

Just remember to SMILE particularly as you go down your centre lines!

pipper

Visit site
My best tip is to focus on rhythm. If you are able to concentrate on two things at once (doing the correct movements) then count 'one, two' in your head.....
it takes your mind of your nerves, helps you to keep breathing in a regulated way and at that level the judge will want a nice even rhythm.
Good luck!!

nikCscott

Visit site
Smile and BREATHE!!!!

I do the counting thing it helps me settle.

Good luck and looking forward to the report tomorrow! :)

popeyesno1fan

Visit site
#i'm not yet doing dressage, but my first showjumping comp, on the most reliable, trusted horse ever, i had panic attacks for a week, puked for two days beforehand, was scared shitless, but once i was in the arena, i was fine. jummped clear,, very happy, so if i can do that, then you can do dressage, would love to know how ye got on!!!!

Shooting Star

Visit site
bit late now to say you'll be fine so I'll ask instead how did it go? ;)

I'm sure you did great and both managed to avoid those scarey horse eating white boards and shark like letters that the evil show organisers put out there to thwart you:)

... spare a thought for us - we had to deal with a whole array of water cannons sprinkling the grounds just a few feet from our last test which were throwing water 20ft into the air and making bird scarer noises, needless to say the word 'tense' came up a few times on our test sheet. Still we managed to stay in the arena - most of the time :p

TallulahBright

Visit site
Thank you for positive comments! We scored 60.89 and came second! Lula was a star, which after a disastrous show on Sunday was a great relief. I forgot the test early on (muppet) and next time need to get her going more forward but overall she was relaxed and actually didn't spook at judge's table or scary white markers! Bless...9