First fall from Jay!

Carojay

Visit site
Now I have finally got Jay moving nicely we were jumping today (with my riding instructor) and I managed to fall off!! I obviously don't like to make things easy for myself - seem to have gone from one extreme to the other!

I don't really know how it happened - I think I thought I had another stride before the jump and Jay thought otherwise so I was unprepared and flew over the side! Really embarrassing part is that if I had a more positive attitude I probably could have regained my balance and avoided the fall :( feel a bit stupid now (and sore)!

I did get back on again and continued jumping so hopefully it won't have knocked my confidence too much!

Any words of reassurance/encouragement much appreciated! :D

tessybear

Visit site
Now I have finally got Jay moving nicely we were jumping today (with my riding instructor) and I managed to fall off!! I obviously don't like to make things easy for myself - seem to have gone from one extreme to the other!

I don't really know how it happened - I think I thought I had another stride before the jump and Jay thought otherwise so I was unprepared and flew over the side! Really embarrassing part is that if I had a more positive attitude I probably could have regained my balance and avoided the fall :( feel a bit stupid now (and sore)!

I did get back on again and continued jumping so hopefully it won't have knocked my confidence too much!

Any words of reassurance/encouragement much appreciated! :D

All the best riders fall off, makes you an allrounder if you can hit the dirt and hop back on !

If i was you i would be giving myself a pat on the back for even getting back on, dont think about it to much Jay will have forgotten by now :)

hnmisty

Visit site
Well done for getting back on :)

When people ask what my worst riding fall has been (I tend to stick rather than fall), I tell them about when I fell off jumping and got a concussion. I just don't tell them the jump was probably no bigger than 2' :p

Carojay

Visit site
Thanks hnmisty - makes me feel better :) maybe I should talk up the fall then? Make out it was an enormous jump etc! :D

PleaseVenus

Visit site
Aww don't worry! :D As long as you're ok just try to forget about it :)

I've fallen off loads lately (literally about 5 times in a few months :p) just think of all the times you haven't! :)

Well done for getting back on

mirage

Visit site
Well done for getting back on.Most of my girls' falls have been whilst jumping,it happens to most people at some point.My eldest nearly fell off knobberpony yesterday because a sheep was hiding behind the jump and knobberpony saw it at the very last minute,screeched to a halt and daughter ended up clinging to the side of her neck.At least your fall wasn't sheep induced.:)

Carojay

Visit site
Lol! Sheep induced fall :D hope your daughter was ok?! Luckily there are no sheep around the yard so hopefully that won't happen to us!

sandi_84

Visit site
Well done for getting straight back on, and the worst is now over! ;):D

My last 3 falls were whilst jumping, the first on my sisters horse who was great at jumping but didn't like my choice of yellow wings cue me out the side door! :eek: and the last two were both on my boy during his cat leap phase. On the plus side I have perfected my land and roll technique and apparently when there's no chance of saving myself I can instead throw myself out of the way by miles which caused a lot of giggles for my friends ;):D

The more you do it the more you will be able to save yourself if you get into a sticky situation and you will soon learn to be able to see the strides too :D

caileag

Visit site
My last couple of falls have been down to poorly timed take offs. I spent a lot of winter evenings going round the school in my light seat just working on balance. Managing to stay on better now