First horse books

SparklerStar

Visit site
Hello!

I was wondering if I could pick your collective brains about books which you would recommend for someone getting their first horse. I have ridden all my life and have previously worked at a riding school, but of course, never having owned my own I want to be as fully brushed up as I can be before I jump in. What books would you recommend for giving me all of the info I need about buying my own horse, from the simple things like how to work out insurance to stable management and feed, to rugging, from the basics to the advanced I want to know!

Thanks so much and please give me any other wonderful tips about this learning stage of the process!

TheSubwayDino

Visit site
You can watch equestrian youtubers to get an insight- Riding With Rhi is pretty informative as well as Equine Helper but look on sites like the horse and hound for articles and definitely on the BHS websites.

SparklerStar

Visit site
Thanks so much already for the advice! I had looked at the challenge awards, I think the books seem a bit better so will definitely have a look on fb for them and shall invest - the PC manual of horsemanship sounds like a bible I ought to acquaint myself with!