First pleasure ride tomorrow for Tinner, eek!

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
Our lovely local riding club has organised a ride tomorrow. Not quite a pleasure ride, it's a case of make your own way to a members house for a quick stand up lunch then make your own way home, and it started out with a handful of riders... It's now escalated to 30 of us! So we're splitting into groups and we are one of nine which will certainly be the biggest group Tinner has been in so we are aiming for very steady although I think our route includes the very posh Bovey Castle golf course, will be glad once we're through there. Fingers crossed we have fun (but not too much fun, if you get my drift) and Tinner stays chilled enough to load to come home afterwards.

Spot_the_Risk

Thank you. OH has just pointed out that I have no need to be worried as my horse is (normally!) sweet and well behaved, whereas his is a git to mount (OH has come off the horse twice as this point!), can be a little handy with his back feet and may think he's hunting... I will take the camera!

Spot_the_Risk

It went just fine, seven in our group, over bridges, through woods and over the fairway of Bovey Castle golf course (on the official Bridleway), we all took turns to lead, there was our two, a friend who was the leader, mum and daughter and two P2P horses, 24 in total at the lovely picnic lunch and great hack back... Then my boy didn't load. This is a big work in progress and I've posted about it before so no point rehashing it here... Suffice to say I hacked home alone, just over an hour and got home in the dark! I will put up a few pics tomorrow, really struggle on the iPad.