First show away from home

blood_magik

Visit site
It was decided that the boys needed to jump away from home in preparation for Blair next month so that there was time to sort any issues should there be any.
They went off to Rowallan with four other horses for their first away show today and they behaved impeccably. :D

Beau was up first in the Newcomers class. He's become a lot more consistent recently but he's still green so the aim for today was to get him round without any stops - I don't care if he has a pole or has a look as long as he doesn't refuse. The arena was a bit deep in places and on a slope, which is something both horses haven't had to deal with before. The course was rather long and twisty with a few nasty lines and a rather short one-stride triple combo so I was a bit nervous.

I think Beau clipped the middle fence of the triple but other than that, he flew round to go into the jump off.
They were first to go in the j/o and they managed a super double clear, ending up in third place.
I think it's time for them to try a 1.15 class to see how Beau copes with more technical courses - he's finding the height easy enough and jumping consistent double clears at newcomers.

Videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQkzWg1wMwk&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEV7Jfhpzpk&feature=youtu.be

Timberland was in the 1.10 open as there was no 1.15 class.
He can be a lazy toad so Martin had to work to get him in front of his leg, especially as one of the oxers was going up a slope.
I have noticed a big difference in his attitude though - I popped him over a small jump yesterday and he really perked up in the last three strides. :)
They were fifth to go in and Martin really went for it. I've never seen Timberland move like that. :p
It was a single round against the clock and they were in second place after their round. They were knocked down to fourth by two whizzy little pony types who jumped super rounds - there was no way Timberland could have beaten them. Anyways, he jumped a nice clear and that's what matters. :)

The video doesn't seem to want to upload so I'll add it later on if I can get it to play ball. Otherwise, I'll try to get some stills from the video and post them if anyone is interested.

Thanks for reading. :)