First show for Dancer, which class to enter?

gailt

Visit site
Link to schedule, what do you think, just a local show, M&M sport or both ;D he is 3 yr old gelderlander x welsh sec D, Is it the same bridle etc for both classes? Ive never shown before.

http://www.sheepgate.co.uk/whatson-more.asp?id=1262

DSCN3580.jpg

DSCN3403.jpg

He has got his winter woollies now and isnt as gold in the winter ::)

gailt

Visit site
Lol thanks Kal, he certainly is charismatic and has presence, to be honest when i bought him as a foal, i never knew he would turn out like this, he looked like this at weaning..lol

jackleft2112.05.jpg

i thought it would be good to get him out and see the world prior to backing.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Very nice horse, I would go in for:

Best Conditioned

Coloured

Competition

Should you decided to go for M&M as he is part bred he will need to be plaited and trimmed, which you will also need to do for the competition horse.

If you don't want to trim and plait, you can do the first two classes with flowing locks.

Good luck and have a great time.

gailt

Visit site
Lol MGG! yup thats him lol.. im sure will be an exciting ride too lol.

Thanks theresa, looks like im practising my plaiting too lol, blimey its been years. SO m&m would i plait him and have the white halter for best effect or if i plait is it best in leather bridle?

Theresa_F

Visit site
I would have him in a in hand leather bridle - preferably with a flat hunter noseband, which would really suit his head. I would not have him in a white halter - he is not M&M and you may need the bridle for control.

If he has not been out before and he can be excitable, may I suggest you have a chain through the bit and a long rein. I did this with Chancer first time in the ring and was glad I did as for the first few minutes he was very lively. I actually used a draw rein as a lead rein to give me plenty to hold on to.

Next show he was fine on his proper in hand lead and his leather coupling. I use a copper small ring lozenge snaffle for in hand showing.

This is Stinky showing as a three year old - close up of bridle

ChanceratBPSAWCCaged3.jpg

and strutting his stuff

Chancer-trottingup-BSPAWCC.jpg

Kenzo

Visit site
Its a have a go show, so have a go at both, twice as much chance and twice as much practice!...which will do him good and very handsome chap he is too.

If was showing him in the M&M class, because he's only a part bred and not a full section D then I would only show him a bridle anyway so you be fine in bridle for both. Good luck and have fun!...oh and dont foget pics!
smile.gif

gailt

Visit site
Wow you look so smart theresa, i hadnt thought about me lol.. Chancer looks lovely too, very clean and mature looking for a 3 yr old, will have a look in the tack room, i think my inhand bridle has stitching on it but will check.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Don't worry about stitching etc - have a go, get the experience and enjoy yourself. Fine details if you get the bug can come later. He is a lovely looking boy - if I was not hooked on my hairy beasts I would be very tempted.

Chancer was at his peak condition in these photos - did a lot of work to get him ready for the BSPA champs and then left to go back down to his normal baby self. I found showing him as a two and three year old meant that he was fairly good as a four year old under the saddle. I plan to start affiliated under the saddle with him next year - he was not ready this year to go affiliated.

Just make sure you are both as clean and smart as possible - if you don't have a tweed jacket, get a smart wool waistcoat - plenty to be found on ebay or in charity shops.

Actually all my outfits come from ebay - I like to hunt for good quality second hand rather than cheap new stuff, don't mean to sound snobby.

OH has promised me either a Mrs Candy or Alexander James made to measure jacket at HOYS for my Christmas & BD pressie - at long last I may have something that fits me - I am very short and plump so have real problems with this.

Again, good luck and let us know how you get on.