First showing report!!

oldie48

Visit site
So, Rose and I went off showing today, me in my borrowed clothes and Rose beautifully prepped by the lovely lady who bought her at an hour old but had to sell when she was three and who hasn't seen for quite a long time (long story). Rose looked absolutely beautiful, for which I can take little credit but the warm up was initially quite challenging. She'd been stood on the lorry for quite a long time and went into the warm up somewhat turbo charged, which was fine until she decided to start napping. My fave trainer has given me so much help in maintaining control when things get a bit sticky and her voice was in my head. I am very proud to say I worked her through it and started to get some decent work from her. In both classes (Senior ridden and Riding horse) she behaved beautifully. I made some basic mistakes because I didn't know the rules, it was a lovely arena but spooky in parts but we coped really well with that and we were second in both classes. I think we were quite close to winning the RHC as the judge took ages to decide and kept going back and forth but I made a couple of errors. TBH I couldn't fault Rose, she was a complete star and I was very happy with our placings. We've qualified for some some further things but not sure exactly what they are. Rose Strourport Riding horse Class March 20.jpeg

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Well done, we very nearly came to Stourport today but Alice is rather furry and I don't want to clip her as she has early shows. Was the show well supported ?

oldie48

Visit site
Well done, we very nearly came to Stourport today but Alice is rather furry and I don't want to clip her as she has early shows. Was the show well supported ?
No not really, 5 in the RHC but as a complete novice that suited me very well. the facilities are great and it was such a friendly place for someone like me to go to for the fiirst time. Some nice horses though despite the low numbers.

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
Beautiful. I just love showing, I just go for a grand day out and like to admire all the pretty horses and ponies (and my lad enjoys showing off, we don't take it seriously though). I hope you catch the bug, you both look a picture

J&S

Visit site
It's absolutely true, she looks a picture! Congratulations, so much hard work goes into getting a result (in the full sense of the word) like this.

oldie48

Visit site
Nice horse, very similar in looks and type to mine. Where to next for you both?
We'll go out doing some stressage, the RC area has just cancelled for the second time as the parking is trashed by the weather so nothing in the diary yet. showing wise, there's a couple of shows in May i am hoping to go to. I realy need to up my game in the individual show though. I've seen a vid of the RH class show that I did and I thought it was dreadful, so much to improve on!