First Shows..

Deefa

Visit site
I am taking my 15.2 5yr old Welsh D to his first show on Saturday. He is big and can be a little bolshy at times but normally ok.
I am planning on taking him for an in hand class and maybe a ridden tack and turnout if he is behaving!

Can you put green ribbons in for shows (i know you do for hunting) incase he gets excitable
Also is there anythign else i can do to ensure a good day for all

Oh, just to say, if he turns out to be awful he wil lbe taken home lol!

SSM

Visit site
They'll think you are doing an Equestrian Life qualifier!!!!
wink.gif

I've not seen it done before.

SamuelWhiskers

Visit site
I have put one in at my young horses first few shows as he can get quite excited, a lot of people do recognise what it means, and some give you space, so i wouldn't hesitate at all. If he is likely to kick, i would put in a red, everyone knows what they mean!! I actually put both in, red and greeninsulation tape around the top of the tail works well and doesn't come out, not too tight though!

Good luck at your show, where are you off too?

star

Visit site
just been taking my 15.2hh welshie out to his first shows which has been interesting. his speciality is rearing and fly bucking tied to the trailer! i have to stand guard so no-one gets too close. he's fine when i get on him. he doesn't do it at low key dressage, but did our 1st showing show on sunday and he was a nightmare. doing it all over again on monday. hoping the more he does the more boring he'll realise it is!