First time back on in weeks! Yay!

pottamus

Visit site
Just got back from taking my boy for a hack out for the first time since the snow went and roads became truly clear...about 6 weeks! It is good to be back out and about!
He was a swine though...grumpy, stroppy, fresh, joggy and seems to have forgotten manners...but a good ride was had nether the less and we got back in one piece!
Pointless post but just pleased for the opportunity to get out again.

cobgirlie

Visit site
I'm hoping to ride the big lad today too!!! Little one can stay as an expensive pet right now cos he's being a handful (and I haven't the energy to deal with him!!) but the youngster is acting like he's ready to restart some work so I'll take him out for a nice hack this afternoon...if nice boss lets me go at 12.30 again that is!!!:D

noblesteed

Visit site
I just managed my first ride out in 2 weeks (we were lucky enough to get to an indoor 2 weeks ago but that's been the only ride in over a month)!
Horse was crackers, didn't help that I just got my feet in the stirrups when the man who works in the workshop started drilling, cue horse going up in the air on all fours, then nearly falling over, leaping and bucking across yard and grazing front leg :( Then out we went like a shot onto the road, up the lane with horsey's eyes on stalks snorting at every bit of snow we passed! Totally ignoring traffic tho :) then in the distance we hear the sound we all dread... hunting horns and barking hounds! Cue ballet dance in middle of road. Manage to calm down past houses with xmas decs in gardens, then another excited tapdance when friend's horses in field came galloping over to see us! That was as far as we could go as the roads were slushy after that. So I turned him round to head home - cue sideways trotting, napping and spinning in the road! The dozy creature had a tantrum because he knew we were going back home!!!!
So he napped and spooked at everything he saw on the way home. In the end I dismounted and led him the rest of the way back as I was creating a traffic jam!
To think we were only out for 20 mins as well!

Same again tomorrow then!!!!!!

abi31

Visit site
I know that feeling. My lass had four weeks off due to bad weather. Rode out 4 days ago, supposedly just walking to stretch her muscles out, and jog trotted the whole time. She even had a broncing fit going past the local boarding kennels. 3 days ago in the school just walk and trot, where every now and then she jammed the brakes on and had a paddy. Yesterday down to one hissy fit. Today very good and had our first canter which was so exciting it was practically on the spot, even when i threw the reins at her to make her go forward. So glad to see she's enjoying being worked again!!:D