First time Boxing Day meet

MHSporthorses

Visit site
I am looking forward to my first Boxing Day meet tomorrow and I'm looking for some final bits of advise and clarification whilst getting all my things ready! I have only ever done a small amount of cubbing previously so consider me a complete newbie!
I am taking a Welsh section D and have been trying to decide whether to attempt to plait his mane or go au natural! Ideally I would normally plait but we are talking full blown showing native here so not sure whether a tidy natiral mane will actually look better than about 13 golf balls wobbling along his crest!
Secondly, my tweed jacket is far warmer and better fitting than my blue jumping jacket, would this be acceptable with a a cream stock?
In case it helps I am going with the Quorn?
Any advice greatly appreciated!!! Thank you all in advance!
Oh and also Merry Christmas!!!! 😀

PorkChop

Visit site
Hope you have a fab day :)

I would either do a running plait or leave unplaited.

Tweed should be worn with a coloured/patterned stock if possible.

As long as you and your horse are clean and tidy you will be fine :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
As above, ref jacket and stock.
My current ride has 18 ins of mane, this is left natural for all outings.
When I hunt, I pop on tweed jacket, navy stock with small white dots, long boots with spurs and pony turned out exactly as she would be for an Olympia or hoys qualifier :)

Have fun, and don't forget the mandatory write up after :D

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
Its correct for a true untrimmed native turnout to be unplaited with a tweed jacket and either a coloured stock or shirt with tie.White stocks are incorrect. Be clean, leave the blunt at home & Dont forget your gloves.
Have fun :)

Sealine

Visit site
Do remember the cap is for hunt staff. Have a lovely day.

I didn't know that! Does that mean even if you've paid a subscription you should pay on Boxing Day? I have a six day sub and counted Boxing Day as one of my days. Should I have paid a cap anyway?

Sorry to hijack post. OP I hope you enjoyed your day.