First time selling a pony...

BigGingerMare

Visit site
Jeez!
Earlier this year I "acquired" two semi-feral ponies. (Long story short - they were basically abandoned at the yard I share, owner eventually handed their passports to me and told me to "do something with them").
A friend and I did lots of groundwork, and put the gelding up for sale. Really honest advert - very cheap, young pony, ready to finish backing, no-one small enough to do it, but described what groundwork he'd done and what his quirks and good points were.
How many people just don't read adverts!! Questions I was asked:

- has he ridden out much?
- what age child would be too old for him?
- would he be suitable for my three year old child?
- would I just jump on and quickly finish backing him, on video? (This was my particular favourite...)

It's driven me nuts! He has now gone to what seems like a lovely home, but I've got the mare up for sale at the moment and I'm dreading going through it all again.... How do I make sure people READ the advert??!!

BigGingerMare

Visit site
Also refused to sell him to two people (separately) who started their messages with "how much will you come down on price?" and "does he come with tack?" . Honestly, if those are your first questions, he's not coming to you!

maya2008

Visit site
Also refused to sell him to two people (separately) who started their messages with "how much will you come down on price?" and "does he come with tack?" . Honestly, if those are your first questions, he's not coming to you!
In solidarity, I’m offering:
- Photos/videos are enough, don’t want to view. Can you deliver (4 hours away)?
- Will the pony be suitable for my child? (No details about child).
- Faffing around forever deciding when to view, then disappointed when pony has sold to someone who saw the ad, phoned up and came that evening.
- Adults wanting to school small, young ponies on for their kids.
- Unsuitable living arrangements when questioned.
- Can you keep the pony for another 6 weeks because we are going on holiday?

The Fuzzy Furry

🦄 🦄
Visit site
In solidarity, I’m offering:
- Photos/videos are enough, don’t want to view. Can you deliver (4 hours away)?
- Will the pony be suitable for my child? (No details about child).
- Faffing around forever deciding when to view, then disappointed when pony has sold to someone who saw the ad, phoned up and came that evening.
- Adults wanting to school small, young ponies on for their kids.
- Unsuitable living arrangements when questioned.
- Can you keep the pony for another 6 weeks because we are going on holiday?
That last one lol, I've had that in the past and said yes of course, however the following applies:
Payment in full on same day of vetting and full livery daily charge paid up front too. That weeded those off lol.