First time showing

hoir14

Visit site
Looking for some advice with showing this gorgeous mare, i have never showed before so i have no idea what kinds of classes to enter her into, or what i should be wearing. I was looking at going in the beginners showing and open horse in hand, what would i need to wear for those classes? i havnt been riding her long so schooling is not the best but as we progress i am looking at taking her into more advanced classes and maybe doing some working hunter so any advice on those would be appreciated too, as for turning her out i know shes not the chunkiest and she has no registered breed so im assuming i would need to plait up for all? does it matter what colour the tack is? does my saddle pad have to be black/the shape of the saddle or can i just use a normal square pad?

isla.jpg

isla..jpg

mcnaughty

Visit site
Yes you will have to plait for all classes you do with a non-pure M&M. Tack can be black or brown but should match. Numnah should be saddle shaped and discrete ie only a little bit showing round the edge or no numnah works too. Class is a bit difficult to judge from those two photos but riding horse or PC/RC horse, workers will be OK. Tidy up her feathers and cut her tail to hock length and tidy at the top.