Fitness Trackers (Human)

AFB

Visit site
I've been considering buying a FitBit or similar for a while, however I've seen a fair few reviews mentioning a lack of compatability with horse riding so wondered if anybody can offer recommendations on devices you've had success with?

Price wise I don't want to go too far over the £100 mark as I'm not realistically sure how much use I'll get out of one, so that probably knocks the Apple watch et al. out contention. Looks wise I'm not too picky, something with a proper watch screen would be preferable and I wouldn't particularly want something black and bulky, something a bit more feminine looking. And compatible with iPhone (although I suspect everything would be). That's my spec, any ideas?

Ellzbellz97

Visit site
I have one of the Tom Tom one's, can connect to my iphone, I use it for my daily steps also has Bluetooth and headphones so you can upload music onto it and listen whilst running, they're also wireless earphones :)

gemisastar

Visit site
I recently bought a Huawei band 3 pro, it has GPS built in so that you can track your rides (don't think via a riding app though as I haven't tried it) - you don't need your phone on you for the gps to work. It's been pretty good!

Nevin's Run

Visit site
Polar M200. I wanted one that was waterproof, had onboard GPS (so I don't need my phone to track riding), had replaceable straps, had 'riding' as an in-built activity, was within my budget (about £130 I think) and wasn't ugly as sin. This ticked all those boxes. I love it :) Doesn't have the fancy graphics some do but it's simple to use and really adaptable. I use it to map long rides and hunts - I've even planned sessions for interval training my horse (so it tells me when to walk, trot, canter etc).

I had a fitbit briefly before (until it died) and don't rate it anywhere near as good.