Fitting a rug to youngster?

Ellaandbailey

Visit site
I have a 2 year old section c and his chest seems to be the last thing to grow! Every rug I put on him slides down his chest so the buckles sit at the top of his front legs. I’ve tried so many different sizes and brands on him but none seem to fit:( he measures to be 4’9 but when I put that size on him it drowns him, 4’6 and it doesn’t cover his bum. Help?!

TheMule

Visit site
Try the Ruggles shetland/ donkey ones, they fitted my weanlings well in the winter throught eh worst of the blizzards.

Nasicus

Visit site
Worth trying a snuggy style rug? I know your pain, I've had to flyrug mine since a yearling due to sweetitch, and she was a nightmare to fit until she was nearly 3yrs!

LouisCat

Visit site
I just stitched darts in to the neck of the rug for my rising 1 year old last winter. I'm terrible at stitching but it was very easy!

paddy555

Visit site
you may find a sweet itch hoody fits better at the front. That is what I put on my 2yo pony who was quite small in front. I used a 4ft 9. My SI hoody appears a lot tighter in the front than my 4ft 9 bug rug which is a lot more sloppy.