Fitting dressage stirrup leathers -help!

Visit site
I seem to be experiencing an episode of complete muppetry….. I have just purchased a new saddle for my daughter's flat-backed Connie. Her usual stirrup leather feel bulky to her underneath her leg and I wondered if dressage leathers would help. I purchased some but cannot work out how they fit! They are like the below...I can get the top loop onto the bar on the saddle but the bottom part will not fit through the top of the stirrup to loop around....maybe I am missing som1579699662199.pngething obvious!
1579699662199.png

Shady

Visit site
I don't think you're missing something OP. Some stirrups, especially some of the composite ones are too narrow. I had the same problem with a pair ages ago . I ended up filing the hole bigger just to use them whilst I waited for a new pair of stirrups to arrive.

eggs

Visit site
Not muppetry. The small top loop does indeed got over the stirrup bar and then the stirrups attach to the larger bottom loop and you use that to make them the correct length. Sounds a though the eyelet on your stirrups is not wide enough.

Nasicus

Visit site
Does the little loop midway come off over the top? If so, can you thread your stirrups on using the less bulky top loop, then put the midway loop back on. That's how I put my stirrups on this style of leather, no way I could get the bottom part with the metal T bar through the stirrup hole lol

Edit:

Did a crappy diagram to go with my crappy explanation :>

webbersleather.png

oldie48

Visit site
When the stirrups are on I have the T bar on the outside, otherwise you can't alter the length very easily and mine have a Keeper that I can run down over the T bar. when you get off, run the stirrups right up and secure the T bar below so they cant slide down. Don't know if any of that makes sense to anyone else though"

Dave's Mam

Visit site
When the stirrups are on I have the T bar on the outside, otherwise you can't alter the length very easily and mine have a Keeper that I can run down over the T bar. when you get off, run the stirrups right up and secure the T bar below so they cant slide down. Don't know if any of that makes sense to anyone else though"

Oh, I never thought of that! I get off to adjust length!