Fitting Lemieux half lined close contact numnah

luckyjac

Visit site
hi, I am wondering whether the Lemieux close contact numnah lined with the merino+ wool is thin enough to use without the saddle being fitted to it? It is a lot thinner than the standard gp ones. Does anyone use these?
TIA.

Shay

Visit site
I do for XC and SJ saddles - but the saddles are all fitted to them initially. The flocking based ones are re-flocked on the basis of their use. The foam ones obviously don't need flocking but were still fitted and checked to allow for the fleece. The dressage saddles just use one with a fleece collar - so nothing but a thin pad between the saddle and horse.

I'm not sure I would say the fleece is any thinner than the half pads or any similar half lined though. You can get cheaper fleece or synthetics that are thinner - but le miuex in my experience isn't. Its a good quality wodge.

luckyjac

Visit site
Thank you, very helpful as its described as being a lot less bulky with high density merino wool. I only managed to briefly touch it at Olympia. Always very wary of using things like this if not fitted.

eventer and proud

Visit site
Remember that the saddle will squash it down slightly. If you know a bit about horses its not to hard to fit yourself as its not like a prolite pad which is harded to mold/move with your horses back/shape/saddle. If when you take it off all the hair is ruffled up then it doesn't fit. Your horse will tell you if it hurts to much!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
my jumping saddle was fitted straight onto the horses back, then saddle fitter advised me to use a half wool lined saddlecloth underneath, so the saddle wasnt fitted with the saddlecloth on. I now use the saddle with the lemieux half wool underneath and not had any problems.