Fitz dabbles at medium, with photos and video

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Took Fitzroy out for his first attempt at medium today, he has only had 2 outings at elementary and qualified for the summers straight away so thought we would try and make a start on his medium qualification. He is coming 6 now and just beginning to understand the idea of compressing the canter, so was a bit of an ask but felt he was ready for a go.

Was the windiest day ever, and he was a star in the warm up with no tension at all, very proud of him. First test was super, really fluent and sweet, just kept the trot really small and easy and didnt try and put any expression in as just wanted a nice easy soft run, so was very happy to get 66% and win :)

Second test was medium 75, bit of an ask really but nice to have a go at the regional test, he did struggle with the canter work and his balance, and I went wrong in the walk...oops... but he did get an 8 for his pirouette and his trot halfpasses :) again kept trot really small so loads of room to get expression and power once he is a bit more established :) won with 63% and an error, so quite happy with that as there were big mistakes to fix :)

Over all great start at medium, and only 4 more points needed to qualify for the summers :)

Some pics warming up...

and a little video to show just how windy it was!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151613003374808

Now he will have another month to get the canter better before our next outing, and to carry on working on the changes.

Thanks for reading :)

chels

Visit site
I think I have said it before but he is stunning and he moves so nicely! He looking so grown up.
Starts a 'Fitz Fan Club (if he doesn't allready have one) ;)

Well done on your scores sounds like a brilliant Medium debut.

Joining said fan club! He is gorgeous!!!
Well done on a successful first med outing :D

Passage...

Visit site
I love your horse, so fluid and well ridden. Massive well done on your placings, more pics & vids of you both please! I will provide carrots ;-)