Five point breast plate

Rowreach

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Visit site
I've noticed a lot of people are moving away from the all-in-one 5 point breastplates and using separate elasticated breastgirth (the type with a leather strap over the withers and the elastic that attaches at the girth) and elasticated V shaped breastplate (that attaches to the Ds at the front of the saddle and to the girth between the front legs and has a martingale attachment option).

In my experience, even the most expensive and supposedly brilliant 5 point ones rub the shoulders and only seem to fit a certain shape of horse comfortably.

The company I work for sells a very smart 5 point b/g at vast expense, and I don't like it
frown.gif

JJ1987

Visit site
I bought one from Your Horse Live that is basically a copy of the Devoucoux one. It was £50 and all that was different was that the sheepskin pieces on the shoulders were synthetic. The leather was English - shipped abroad to be made into the breastgirth but they weren't allowed to send the sheepskin hence the synthetic but this is easily replaced if you wish by doing it yourself with a bit of cutting and sticking (I did this with my mexican noseband to get more fluff on it) It's a brill breastgirth at half to a third of the cost
xx

Gingerbear

Visit site
Hello I too am looking for a breastplate for eventing can you give me a link for the one you bought and also Rowreach have you got a link as I'm not sure which one you mean. Thanks loads.