Flagmount King/Clover Hill mare - stallion?

cadefan

Visit site
My mare is jet black, 17.1 by Flagmount King out of a Clover Hill/TB mare, and a reasonably chunky type. She came from a top jumping breeder in Ireland last year and is now 7. She had a foal there, and loose jumped as a 2 year old to a good enough level to be kept for breeding. We have broken her in and she is a saint with a very gentle temperament. She jumps too, as the dogs chased her so she just popped a 5 bar gate. I am sorely tempted to have one foal from her and I would want a lightweight, athletic type SJ stallion to complement her, and possibly reduce the height. I am thinking along the lines of Diarado types. She could take a sharper stallion due to her amazing temperament. Conformationally, I would want a stallion that was built uphill, but otherwise the mare is well put together with the traditional FK beautiful topline. I am looking for a commercial stallion, as if the offspring doesn't suit our family once under saddle, it needs to be saleable. Any thoughts? thanks

Eothain

Visit site
I think myself from having a bit of Flagmount King breeding in the yard here, that if were my mare, I'd use a commercial thoroughbred stallion and hope for a filly.
Probably the best thoroughbred stallion in Britain I can think of off the top of my head is Power Blade. It's such a pity he's not still in Ireland.
If you were to get a filly from that cross, then you'd have a mare worth considering to use as a broodie in a couple of years if all went according to plan

gadetra

Visit site
I have one, a half bred FK mare.
I would go TB.
Pointiliste is a stunner, I like Loughehoe Guy, he's proven, and Jackaroo has it all on pedigree (full brother to Mandiba nd High Kingdom).
Loughehoe Guy and Pointiliste are more uphill than Jackaroo.
Good luck, they're lovely mares :)

no_no_nanette

Visit site
I saw a couple of very nice eventers at the South of England a week ago by Chinook Eclipse. Not previously heard of him, so looked him up, and he has a very tasty pedigree, with Northern Dancer, Buckpasser and Mr Prospector on the top line and Sea Bird II, Nearco and Native Dancer on his dam line. He looks a lovely type and I believe is standing with Peader and Nadine Mueller Murphy at Cullintra Stud. Might be worth a glance?