Flambards

Courbette

Visit site
I have the DVD set at my parents as I love the books. I have the books on the Kindle app on my smart phone. I loved reading and ponies as a child and one of my teachers also liked horses and gave me the first book to read before I was able to ride. 12 months later, a house move and a different school and I had a pony on loan and would of loved to let her know it all worked out! Still not been hunting tho...

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I didn’t see it on TV because I was at boarding school but I bought the DVD set for next to nothing on eBay some years ago and I love it. Christine McKenna lied at the audition when asked if she could ride side-saddle. She couldn’t actually ride astride let alone aside. I‘m now keen to read the books thanks to this thread.

hobo

Visit site
Oh wow I had forgotten that theme tune, I watched it all, have the books and also a cassette with the theme tune on it!! I never watch period drama's now.

Courbette

Visit site
Don't forget if your looking for the books there are 4 in total but book number 2 is the least horsey of the 3. I skipped it as a teen but appreciated it more as an adult.

millikins

Visit site
I loved the books and my daughter did too. I bought her the DVD as a stocking filler a few years ago, think it stands the test of time pretty well and lovely to see film horses that aren't the ubiquitous Friesians. But the music; Christina, oh Christina....it's appalling :(