Flatwork stirrups for back / joint pain???

equa39

Visit site
Anyone got any advice on the best stirrups for mainly flatwork / hacking that help reduce back pain?? I've looked up reviews but am not prepared to pay for Jins or equivalent - they are just too expensive for the level we are at - so am now looking at either: Acavello Opera?? Tekna Flex Tek?? Or cheap Compositie Reflex wide tred on ebay??? Help? I'm sick of having to take time out after a good lesson 😕😕

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I bought some of the Sprenger-Flexi stirrups when I realised that my broken ankle was stiffening on longer hacks - and not particularly comfortable on short ones! They did help but actually, I now have some very light ones which came with my Solution saddle and they are even better. I am not sure which make they are but will find out and update later.

albeg

Visit site
I find the Sprenger Bow Balance good for short rides, but for longer rides I have Compositi Reflex stirrups.

Cowpony

Visit site
Have you looked at Flex-on? Half the price of the better known brands (although still not cheap) and very good.

equa39

Visit site
Thank you guys, think I'm going to have a look at the compositie Reflex ones 😬 I'll update xxx

eggs

Visit site
I used to use the Sprenger system 4 or bow balance stirrups but have recently been converted to Flex-on stirrups. I have a previously broken ankle which now has limited movem nt in one ankle and arthritis in my knees.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Composite cheese grater type or knock of jinns have been effective for me. No more than £20 spent and I'm much more comfortable. My friend has the Icelandic style stirrups that are designed forward facing with a wide tread and swears by them, think they're around £15 on ebay

HorsesRule2009

Visit site
Hello,

I suffer from knee and ankle pain while riding and sometimes back pain, I have used sprenger stirrups and alot of the expensive flexi irons and find they make matters worse.

Then my boss got a pair of Acavallo Arena Alupro Stirrups and they are the comfiest things I've ridden in!

riversideeu

Visit site
I have no idea why or how but Jin stirrups have solved all my back ans knee pain. Sprenger stirrups bow balance and system 4 were lovely but no good for me as I have floppy ankles and they made me unstable.

Inda

Visit site
I broke my right ankle and tore out my left cruciate. I love my jins, they take away the joint pain and increase stability. I IMd Jin and they sent a discount code for 30% last year

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
I used the sprenger ones and they made a huge difference but in the end had to have 2 hip replacements! I have bought some flex ons for when I get back in the saddle. I liked the Cavallo Opera also but they came apart after 4 months use - literally just walking hacking and flatwork!

equa39

Visit site
I used the sprenger ones and they made a huge difference but in the end had to have 2 hip replacements! I have bought some flex ons for when I get back in the saddle. I liked the Cavallo Opera also but they came apart after 4 months use - literally just walking hacking and flatwork!
Oh dear that's not good 🙄🙄

equa39

Visit site
Quick update : I've ordered a pair of Compositi Reflex from Ebay - under £20 - so worth trying. I've also seen the fake Jins on there for about £20 too : does anyone know what they're like?? Comparable to real Jins??

electric_circus

Visit site
I have some fake Jins and some real ones and while they fake ones aren't quite as nice to look at they are otherwise virtually indistinguishable. At £100 less, they aren't £100 different if that makes sense?! I also have ridden in flexi stirrups and all sorts as my knee gets very sore, and my Jins (both real and fake) are very comfortable. I assume the wide tread on them helps!

equa39

Visit site
I have some fake Jins and some real ones and while they fake ones aren't quite as nice to look at they are otherwise virtually indistinguishable. At £100 less, they aren't £100 different if that makes sense?! I also have ridden in flexi stirrups and all sorts as my knee gets very sore, and my Jins (both real and fake) are very comfortable. I assume the wide tread on them helps!
Thank you so much EC, that's exactly what I was looking for 😬 Think I'm going to order a pair of the fake Jins so I can compare 🐴👍😬 They're on Ebay atm for about £22...does that sound about right?? I'm assuming they're different levels of fake but I've got no idea really🤷‍♀️

equa39

Visit site
I have no idea why or how but Jin stirrups have solved all my back ans knee pain. Sprenger stirrups bow balance and system 4 were lovely but no good for me as I have floppy ankles and they made me unstable.
Thank you Rivers 😬 but which Jin do you use?? I've looked up Jin stirrups but there are a few styles eeek