Flatwork trainer recs Berks/North Hampshire?

TheHairyOne

Visit site
Hey all, as above really!

My lovely (if slightly lazy) horse and I need a bit of inspiration. I think we have both got a bit stuck in a rut with our flat work (jumping is going much better and he likes it more), and thinking I might really benefit from another point of view and some fresh ideas.

Currently pottering about at prelim (last score 68%) and feels a little like we might never do any more atm. I have never ridden above prelim (returning 30 something rider after being a horse obsessed child :)), never jumped more than 90 competitively, but horse has a lot more to give and I'd like to make the journey together. He's only 7 so plenty of time to get it right!

Have lorry, will travel, but have an indoor school so equally as well someone who will come to me is fine! I'm on the berks/hants border, looking to go at least twice a month, so ideally would be looking for cost in the region of £30 - £35/session.

I tend to get on better with people who tell it how it is (I have many faults and I know it!), but then guide you how to fix it. I really, really dislike being told something is good when I know it's not. I need to have someone who sends you away with a workable list of things to do at home.

So any suggestions for someone who could benefit us? Thanks!

Michen

Visit site
Are you anywhere near the Newbury are? My instructor is absolutely fantastic and charges £30 a lesson. PM me if you want her number.

Hey all, as above really!

My lovely (if slightly lazy) horse and I need a bit of inspiration. I think we have both got a bit stuck in a rut with our flat work (jumping is going much better and he likes it more), and thinking I might really benefit from another point of view and some fresh ideas.

Currently pottering about at prelim (last score 68%) and feels a little like we might never do any more atm. I have never ridden above prelim (returning 30 something rider after being a horse obsessed child :)), never jumped more than 90 competitively, but horse has a lot more to give and I'd like to make the journey together. He's only 7 so plenty of time to get it right!

Have lorry, will travel, but have an indoor school so equally as well someone who will come to me is fine! I'm on the berks/hants border, looking to go at least twice a month, so ideally would be looking for cost in the region of £30 - £35/session.

I tend to get on better with people who tell it how it is (I have many faults and I know it!), but then guide you how to fix it. I really, really dislike being told something is good when I know it's not. I need to have someone who sends you away with a workable list of things to do at home.

So any suggestions for someone who could benefit us? Thanks!

Sophire

Visit site
I used to keep my horse with Fiona Harter at Tidmarsh Stud, just outside Pangbourne so not too far from you? She taught me all through Pony Club and again when I was there. Always the first person I would recommend and will be having her out when I'm back on track with my mare.

sweet lemon

New User
Visit site
Maybe Dan Jocelyn and his wife Tanya Cleverly, in Ecchinswell just south of Newbury off the A339? Dan's an eventer and Tanya teaches dressage. They're nice, honest and have a great sense of humour. I don't know what they charge, but I suspect they're pretty reasonable.

Last edited:

LiffWee93

Visit site
I really recommend my newest instructor, Rob Trobridge. He has recently joined the area and has worked wonders with my mare and I! Well within your price range and will come to you :)