Fleece dog bags - or whatever they are made of

elsielouise

Visit site
Has anyone ever used one of those 'drying off bags' for actually putting in a filthy spongelike writhing terrier! Or a leggy stupid long dog?

Daily dunking in the sink is getting a bit old and the horses want their stables back without their hay having been used as a towel...

Not sure dropping £40 on a towel with a zip will contain anything but the most knackered dog but prepared to give it a go for the sake of my soft furnishings/ floor/ sanity

any experiences/ training/ cleaning tips or should I just go with a good post walk brandy in front of AGA with the dogs and stop trying to care?

Possibly less practical on a work morning...

gallopingby

Visit site
Thermatex make various sizes - they're great for dogs but best if dog is in bag in the car, or a crate, unless really well trained and likely to sleep for a while!! They are made out of thermatex material and have a neck bit and a zip, should be photos on their website, I have two which seem to do the job - maybe go for larger rather than smaller size.

Chiffy

Visit site
I have never tried one of those bags, I think they look horrendous, imagine a poor long dog trying to stand up!
I use equafleece, the polo neck ones with long front legs, then the dogs are sent into their beds with vetbed covers and dry very quickly and efficiently.
The beds and coats dry off well afterwards too, rarely have any mess with two large flatcoats and a lurcher in the house.

Dry Rot

Visit site
Back in my days with hounds, we would put them in a spare whelping kennel with a deep bed of straw and they'd rub and lick themselves clean in a suprisingly short time. Old newspaper has to do the two dirty GSD pups, if they don't tear it up first.

elsielouise

Visit site
I'm of the opinion really that no self respecting lurcher/ terrier would sit quietly in a bag for more than the second it would take to eat the bribe required to get the zip up but am fed up with both the daily thick mud and/or re-doing the nags beds after the dogs have had a roll round in the hay. One of them also uses the shavings as a toilet which I hate! Alas I have no spare or indeed any whelping kennels and today resorted to chucking them in the landrover boot for half an hour!

Maybe get the old crate out and put that in the tack room with some hay...

I have had a look at the equafleece though and that might be worth a go. Our terrier is a complete sponge and although we have hard floors I am amazed by how far mud droplets carry after a good shake!

Blimmin' dogs!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
My lot wouldn't stay still in a drying bag!

Towelling robe? You could make one yourself from an old towel and some Velcro. Mine all have one as they swim a lot. Custom made, pm of you want the maker's details.

They're towel dried in the car then left in the kitchen on Tuffie beds with towels on or if they're really filthy, they're hosed then towelled.
IMAG0763_zps118f704e.jpg

I love the Equifleeces, I just worry I'd get the measurements wrong, I know a mate sent hers back three times!

Last edited:

maxapple

Visit site
Another equifleece fan. I have the polo neck one for my little jrt. He loves it when he is cold and wet and it dries him off so quickly.

Sandstone1

Visit site
My lot wouldn't stay still in a drying bag!

Towelling robe? You could make one yourself from an old towel and some Velcro. Mine all have one as they swim a lot. Custom made, pm of you want the maker's details.

They're towel dried in the car then left in the kitchen on Tuffie beds with towels on or if they're really filthy, they're hosed then towelled.
IMAG0763_zps118f704e.jpg

I love the Equifleeces, I just worry I'd get the measurements wrong, I know a mate sent hers back three times!

I've sent you a pm as I'm interested in the coats thanks