Fleece lined boots

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Are fleece lined brushing boots really safe to use?? I have 2 sets but am concerned about over heating tendons...would only be used for hacking at the moment ?‍♀️?‍♀️

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
People used those Clarendon ones for years, even for long days out and they had fluffy linings. Not sure I'd personally use them though... maybe when it's really cold? My horses don't really knock their legs though so it's easy for me to opt for no boots unless jumping.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
People used those Clarendon ones for years, even for long days out and they had fluffy linings. Not sure I'd personally use them though... maybe when it's really cold? My horses don't really knock their legs though so it's easy for me to opt for no boots unless jumping.

Yeah, I probably won't use them on really hot days but will be restarting the 6 Yr old and he's all legs, gangly and clumsy AF ?? I figure it's better to have something on him.

RHM

Visit site
I hate them, sorry!! I look for breathability in all my boots as like you I worry about legs getting hot. Realistically probably won’t do too much damage if worn for short periods though.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Dr David Marlin has recently posted about this, here has been research done. Use only for impact protection and do think about whether without them your horse is likely to knock itself. Don't ever use them for some kind of (not possible!) "support" and check out those he found (IIRC) kept the legs cooler.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I don't like them. I have a pair but hardly use them. My horse sweats so they are often wet and take a bit to dry. His legs are hotter/more sweaty than with his usual boots; Shires Arma Air Motion brushing boots.

I did just grab a set of Eskadron mesh brushing boots, the fake fur is only around the edges, the rest is mesh. I am not sure the strike pad will hold up to actual brushing though, but they look nice.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Mine have never worn boots unless for traveling even the babys when they are gangly. They soon learn about knocking themselves.

If they do cross country at a decent hight which hasn't been in years, it's the woof wear ones as they are our 'old reliable' type product.
I had some of the equilibrium air type boots but they rubbed.