Fleecy/Wool Stuff (on a budget please!)

rachyblue

Visit site
Seeing as the occupants of this section of the forum appear to be a source of great knowledge on all things wool/lambskin/dead sheep...

I'm looking for a nice girth sleeve for silly baby horse as I'm due to start working him again soon, and now he has changed his coat, I think it looks like his girth has rubbed him a bit (Wintec synthetic one) and I don't want to give him any excuses for cheeky behaviour.

Preferably not one of these ridiculously expensive ones! Ideas/suggestion below please :)

Kat

Visit site
Stubben cord girth would eliminate rubbing for about £30. Or for budget sheepskin cottage craft or jumpers horseline are ok.

Herts05

Visit site
Check the BD Classifieds, there is often some good quality stuff on offer for a reasonable price You can also put a wanted ad on for no cost.

amage

Visit site
Have a look at the Walsh Equestrian fleece lined girths. They are fully machine washable and they ship from America!

TarrSteps

Visit site
Another vote for.Bridleway. They are my 'go to' reasonably priced girth for general use. I love a good leather girth with proper sheepskin but the quality ones are very expensive and the reasonably priced ones aren't worth having.

I went through a phase of using the Wintec waffle girths because I like the idea of the interspersed elastic but I did find a few horses, especially tight ones didn't get on with them. Even with the Bridleway girths I have a couple who are super in the fleece liner but not fans of the neoprene one.

Foxford

Visit site
Do Roma do any? I have a sheepskin half pad from them (merino wool) and it was very reasonable priced for such good quality.