Fleetwater Opposition mare

ropa

Visit site
Hi folks,

First time breeder here. Can I get some advise on stallions to breed Fleetwater Opposition mare to. From the stallion I need good feet, not sharp personality, not long backed, open in shoulder and very nice paces as think there may be enough jump in mare line but would Luke to improve dressage. Would ideally like a black stallion.

Any ideas very gratefully received. Xxx

TheMule

Visit site
Weston Justice crossed well onto our FO mare.
The Philanderer (by Jumbo) is one that has really caught my eye, he's super competitive, level headed and a fantastic jumper

ropa

Visit site
Weston Justice crossed well onto our FO mare.
The Philanderer (by Jumbo) is one that has really caught my eye, he's super competitive, level headed and a fantastic jumper

FAb :) Do you have any piccies you could share of your mare and baby?

ropa

Visit site
So many beauties to pick from and I know I haven't even scratched the surface. Any other ideas gratefully received :) xxx

TheMule

Visit site
My apologies for not posting sooner.
Here is my homebred Weston Justice x Fleetwater Opposition. She is a cracking jumper, real quality:
SD530449.jpg

This is a 3yr old by Weston Justice I've recently bought
image.jpg1_zpsa2mzcftp.jpg

I'd recommend him highly :)

ropa

Visit site
Any other ideas for stallion for fleetwater opposition mare to produce dressage foal? All ideas gratefully received 😀

marotelle

Visit site
I have see two very nice Gravenstolz foals, I am seriously thinking of using him on one of my mares who lacks a bit of class. He does add a bit of blood so he is better on the more level headed ones; but he is lovely......

TheMule

Visit site
Any other ideas for stallion for fleetwater opposition mare to produce dressage foal? All ideas gratefully received 😀

Whilst he has had a few dressage horses, this wouldn't necessarily be their main calling in life. What do you need to improve in the mare? personally I would look to stay trakehner and look for very proven stallions. Axis tsf springs to mind

marotelle

Visit site
If you wish to produce a horse that can jump and do dressage I would go for Conteur;this son of Contender has quite a few offspring which have been graded in both deceplines.He is Worth googling, he is not expensive ,there are quite a few images and videos of him.Saddly he injured himself in his stall, I believe when he was at a show.

Oscar

Visit site
Franklyn Sugar is Furst Heinrich x Acord II, so proven dressage & jumping lines

Or Amoureux might be worth a look, lots of jumping blood in his pedigree although he is classed as a dressage stallion.

Lgd

Visit site
I'd certainly stick to trakehner
Contis - friend of mine had a divine mare by him, temperament to die for.

http://www.godingtonstud.com/contis.htm

Don't think Axis is available at public stud.

Silvermoon if you can manage to get hold of frozen for him (he died earlier this year). Sire of Blue Hors Matine but has also sired jumpers and eventers at top level. I've seen two very smart event horses by him that a friend bred out of her IDSH.

Garuda K would be another possibility - he's GP dressage but fantastic temperament. Now being competed by a friend of mine and she can't say enough nice things about him.

http://www.woodcroftstud.co.uk/garudak.php

ropa

Visit site
Great suggestions thank you. What do you think about Rubin Royal. He is no2 sire wbsfh dressage and 22 eventing so seems to produce the goods and has good temp too