Flexable Stirrups...

marmite

Visit site
I have the flexi stirrups and they are fab mine have a spring and black rubber around the outside and when you jump even if the horse land heavy you just dont feel it the stirrups absorb the shock.

I would very highly reccomend them.

marmite

Visit site
They are fab arnt they i find them very good for backing young horses as when they have a 'to do' they take alot of the shock from bucks ect and i think help you stay on.

Love them for teaching babies to jump too as i find most time they start out landing a bit hard and they just take all the shock off,i really do rave about theese stirrups i love them.

rach1984horse

Visit site
I've ridden with the hinged ones years ago when the first came out. Tho can't rmember if I liked them or not. Think they reacted a bit too much to things. So if you pushed your heel down you took your eye out with your toe.

Have just been browsing Ebay for dressage leathers. The ones that hook into themselves rather than having a buckle. Thought I might fancy a new pair of stirrups as well.

marmite

Visit site
The ones i have arnt the ones on hinges thay have a spring in them and improve your position so much i carry me legs so much better with them my main faults as a rider are i put the stirrup on my toes and not on the ball of my foot and i push my heels really far down so i used to get very sore ankles but theese stirrups are a god send.

Helena88

Visit site
i have a cheapo-version (similar to DH and Shires put with black treads so they look more like the sprengers
wink.gif
) and theyre just as good as the sprengers, cost me £25 on ebay.

Peanot

Visit site
Not to sound `tick` but what exactly are they for and do they make a difference? I don`t feel any pain or discomfort when I jump, just wondering why people have them. Are they heavy as I have the lightweight ones because I used to lose them often in a jump-off.
blush.gif

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I have a pair of pippa funnell flexi stirrups,which i love and really recommend,they help my stiff ankle not feel so stiff.
They help absorb the impact on joints les01,in particular,ankle,knee and hip i believe
smile.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
Just to break the praise, I have tried sprengers, cheap versions, shock absorbers etc

I don't like them at all, but I am too used to riding in Australian bent leg irons, I find the pressure against the outside of my foot annoying now

Jay89

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Not to sound `tick` but what exactly are they for and do they make a difference? I don`t feel any pain or discomfort when I jump, just wondering why people have them. Are they heavy as I have the lightweight ones because I used to lose them often in a jump-off.
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They relieve tension in the joints so r ideal for ppl who do find riding uncomfy.