Flexi Girth - anyone use? And opinions please!

Spyda

Visit site

Spyda

Visit site
Do you find that the saddle doesn't drift when you mount using the Flexi Girth?

I'm using a Stubben string girth ATM and find the saddle is pulled to the nearside when I mount (I always use a mounting block). I find I have to wriggle the saddle back into a central position once I'm mounted. I am riding a recently backed horse so particularly dislike having to over tighten the girth before mounting to keep the saddle from slipping or like having to wriggle the saddle back into the correct position once mounted. Obviously, in an ideal world I would have someone hold the os stirrup leather when I mount but this is very rarely possible.

Oberon

Visit site
I use treeless saddles and always assume they're going to move :p

So I always use a mounting block and put very little weight in the stirrup - not much help, sorry :)

Sneedy

Visit site
They offer a try before you buy service, I emailed the chap whose address is on the contact us page.....could be worth doing before you fork out for one??

starryeyed

Visit site
Good! :) I'm very happy with it so far - saddle didn't move (even when he'd stopped puffing his tummy out and the girth was quite loose), stayed in the same position for the whole ride and he went very well in it - could be complete coincidence but he seemed to move a lot better in it than his usual girth, stretched out a lot more in the canter than he has done in a long time too.

Spyda

Visit site
Good! :) I'm very happy with it so far - saddle didn't move (even when he'd stopped puffing his tummy out and the girth was quite loose), stayed in the same position for the whole ride and he went very well in it - could be complete coincidence but he seemed to move a lot better in it than his usual girth, stretched out a lot more in the canter than he has done in a long time too.

Goody! Hopefully mine'll arrive tomorrow. I wont be able to try it as I've got a mega session at the dentist a.m. :)() but I'll try mine on Tuesday hopefully.

dotty1

Visit site
It was me who asked about these before, still undecided if it wil make a difference on my roly poly, but everyone who has one does seem to like them. Maybe I should 'try before I buy'

Spyda

Visit site
Just wanted to follow-up to say I'm returning my Flexi Girth ASAP. I am having to tighten it MORE than my normal Wintec Elastic girth (which poor young horse really doesn't appreciate) and, this morning, the saddle actually slipped right round on the third attempt at mounting this morning. On the first two attempts (using a mounting block I might add) the saddle had shifted and I'd needed to stop and re-position it. I do use a Stephen's Lambskin half pad but even so, I don't expect the girth to be so *&$£@ useless. Particularly having a horse with good withers, a well fitting saddle and after watching the demo video on their website. Unimpressed :mad:
If the girth isn't compatible with a sheepskin half pad, they should say so :mad::mad::mad::mad: Beware before you buy. I'd recommend their 'Try Before You Buy' offer.